Procurement Process:OtherOffice:UNDP OFFICE – TOGODeadline:26-Jun-19Posted on:12-Jun-19Development Area:CONSULTANTSReference Number:56573Link to Atlas Project:
00050569 – Capacity Building & Modernization of the State
Terms of reference
General Conditions Contract IC
Togo adopted in 2018, the National Development Plan (PND) for the period 2018-2022. This Plan aims to consolidate the gains achieved under the previous National Strategy for Accelerated Growth and Employment Promotion (SCAPE), which Togo has implemented from 2013 to 2017, through a series of actions priorities and reforms aimed at constantly laying the groundwork for recovery and revitalization of its economy.
Despite the progress made, it has become necessary for Togo to review its approach to structurally transform its economy in order to accelerate growth and realize its full potential in a context where (i) growth prospects open up for the African continent. in the coming years, (ii) opportunities exist at the regional level to make the country a gateway to the hinterland and growth markets, (iii) the country needs to consolidate and strengthen its competitiveness in order to seize opportunities, (iv) urgent needs remain, particularly with regard to strengthening the inclusion mechanisms and meeting the basic needs of the population.
Thus, building on the achievements, including the deepest port in the sub-region, road, port and airport infrastructure, leadership as a banking center in the WAEMU area, improving the business climate and investments, the existence of agricultural, mining, industrial and artisanal potential, the Government has adopted adopted on 3 August 2018 in the Council of Ministers, the National Development Plan (PND) for the period 2018-2022. This plan was officially launched on 4 March 2019 and is now the national reference framework for all development actions. The NDP aims to structurally transform the economy for strong, sustainable, resilient, inclusive growth, creating decent jobs and improving social well-being.
The PND is articulated around three (03) major strategic axes namely:
- Strategic Axis 1: Establish a logistics hub of excellence and a world-class business center in the sub-region;
- Strategic Axis 2: Develop agricultural processing, manufacturing and extractive industries poles;
- Strategic Axis 3: Consolidate social development and strengthen inclusion mechanisms.
The overall objective of the mission is to prepare the report on the implementation of the NDP for the year 2018 highlighting the major achievements made.
More specifically, the mission aims to:
- Take stock of the implementation of the results framework and the different axes and expected results
- Monitor the progress of the main reforms
- Analyze the outputs achieved in 2018 in relation to the expected targets;
- Take stock of the achievement of actions, measures and priority projects;
- Analyze the coordination, monitoring and evaluation mechanism put in place to ensure the efficient implementation of the PND;
- Analyze the alignment of the 2018 budget with the priorities of the NDP;
- Take stock of the resource mobilization strategy;
- Make an analysis of the macroeconomic situation and the capacity to implement the NDP;
- Highlight the flagship achievements of the first half of 2011 in the implementation of the NDP as prospects;
- Identify bottlenecks for effective and efficient implementation of the NDP and propose corrective measures;
- Describe the ongoing transformational change in Togolese conditions and quality of life, taking into account impact and impact indicators and any other relevant data;
- Evaluate the level of ownership of NDP objectives and expected results by different stakeholders, especially public institutions, the private sector and civil society.