Organization:UN Children’s Fund
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Conduct a desk review of the ongoing and planned assessments and reporting the First 1000 Days (F1KD) programme implementation.
- Design the programme evaluation of the F1KD implementation (2016-2018) to address gaps in data and issues not covered in previous assessments.
- Design the baseline assessment for the F1KD health and nutrition programme in the new UNICEF supported areas (2019-2023) in consultation with partners and Donor.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance in the F1KD programme evaluation and baseline assessment including data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Consolidate and analyze the recommendations from the assessments and propose changes in the F1KD programme implementation.
- Report and PowerPoint slide of the results and analysis of the desk review for the baseline nutrition assessment in UNICEF supported areas.
- Report and PowerPoint slide on the overview of proposed methodology for the evaluation and the baseline assessment and recommendation for assessment implementation with timeline of activities.
- Report on the technical review of findings of the evaluation.
- Review data collection and training and provide written comments and technical input.
- Report and PowerPoint slide deck on programmatic recommendations for F1KD programme implementation.
- Strategy paper including mapping of joint UN actions and future areas of collaboration.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in Global Nutrition, Public Health, Health Policy, Health Systems, Program Management or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 10 years international experience working in the nutrition sector or related field. Preferably with experience working in UN or NGOs.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the Philippines at a senior level in a relevant field in a development context.
- Field work experience required.
- Experience in developing evaluations, policies, situational analysis and evidence assessment and large-scale programs is required.
- In-depth understanding of nutrition programming, and evidence based research with expertise in First 1,000 Days.
- Knowledge and experience on evidence-based priority setting and large scale programming an advantage.
- Knowledge of government planning processes added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile inhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/by21 October2018.Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal underJob Number:516778will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit acover letter, and the duly filledP 11 formwhich can be downloaded from our website athttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.docindicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516778