INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE.
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview:
The International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance ( IDHA) is crafted to addresses a wide Spectrum of practices involved in Humanitarian Programmes. Learners shall be equipped with relevant skills and knowledge to run and Manage Humanitarian Programmes in a More Sustainable and Efficient Manner…
– To examine the logistics system including planning the activities required in a humanitarian and emergency situation.
– To understand logistics planning and implementation processes.
– To understand information needs during emergency situations especially the need for situational analysis, resource mobilization and networking with partners humanitarian organizations ensure operations are successful.
- Key Thematic Areas of Study include:
- – Handling emergencies,
- – Conflict resolution,
- – Global humanitarian practices,
- – Humanitarian responses among others.
- By the end of this course, the learner should be able to;
- – Equip humanitarian workers with knowledge on how to handle humanitarian crises like refugees and internationally displaced people in emergency settings.
- – To work effectively in a team set up in cases of conflict and disaster.
- – Be able to facilitate dialogue and cooperation among humanitarian workers.
- – Put into practice best practices in humanitarian assistance.
- – Identify ways in which humanitarian agencies/workers can prepare and prevent emergency situations.
There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests), a research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%, research paper counts for 30% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course, you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificates and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 24 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Six Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org