Job Title: International Software Architecture Consultant
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: One Position
Report To: HRMIS Director
Duration of Contract: 6 Months
Announcement Data: 27-Oct-2020
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission. **
IARCSC’s mission is to lead the reform and professionalize civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.**
Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)- World Bank Funded Project
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.**
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
OBJECTIVE of the ASSIGNMENT
The Software Architecture Consultant shall examine the existing HRMIS system and the Biometric Identification System to apply improvements on system structure and design to sustain the solution while meeting the IARCSC and stakeholders’ expectations. This includes stakeholders’ requirements review and its conversion into the architectural model.
The position holder is responsible to analyse system security, interoperability with other national systems and system QA/QC mechanism from the architecture point of view, and will introduce further optimization that could be used as a blueprint model. This includes the design of system deployment and technical team composition as per international best practices and national HRMIS requirements.
All activities must be planned in close coordination and agreement with HRMIS technical team and the HRMIS Director.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
· Assess and improve the current HRMIS database and application in terms of design, structure, and scalability that could address the current and future needs of Afghanistan Government entities.
· Translate business requirements into architectural models that can enable the evolution process. Develop an architectural vision and roadmap that can be used as a timeline to track progress.
· Review and analyse HRMIS biometrics Identification System and develop strategies for improvement according to international best practices in biometric identification system and data handling.
System Security and QA/QC
· Design system integration/interfacing blueprint with other national systems
· Improve HRMIS Application, database, and data security as per international best practice
· Improve system security, scalability, and increasing overall system efficiency as per feature expansion
· Develop specific software QA/QC mechanisms and principals to be used as a blueprint for software QA/QC methodology for HRMIS
System Deployment and Technical Team Structure
· Develop HRMIS high-level deployment architecture and test it to check the system capability
· Review the current composition of the technical team and suggest improvements that could best qualify national system demands
· Review current system technical documentation and develop best practice standard HRMIS technical documentation template
The given objectives and scope of work bounds the below deliverables:
· Deliver an action plan during the first three weeks of assignment explaining findings details, intervention activities with time-bound scheduling and leveling the priorities with high/medium/low according to the issue’s severity and feasibility.
· Execute high-level priorities
· Execute medium-level priorities
· Execute low-level priorities
EDUCATIONS AND SKILLS
· Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or related fields
· 10+ years of experience after graduation in development, architecting and implementing ERP/MIS systems
· Experience in applying Service-Oriented Architecture to solutions
· Strong understanding of the integration of best practices
· Technical expertise with different tools/programming languages such as PL/SQL, Workflow Builder, C#, PHP
· Extensive knowledge and experience in using and applying API, NET and XML based solutions
· Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email address and clearly write the job title (International Software Architecture Consultant) in the subject line of their application:
To: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org