Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) and Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA Ethiopia) are implementing a project entitled:
“Sustainable improvement of the living conditions of small scale famer families in Ethiopia in the Adaba District, Bale-Mountains of Ethiopia”.
We invite tenders from competent bodies to conduct mid-term evaluation of the project.
The purpose of the assignment is to evaluate the progress and provide input to improve project implementation, impact and sustainability in the remaining period. More concretely, this mid-term evaluation should
- assess the project progress regarding the project objectives and indicators,
- assess the relevance, effectiveness, sustainability of the project measures and future planning,
- assess the effectiveness of networking and collaboration with key stakeholders, esp. governmental bodies, Self-help Groups, Cooperative etc., and give suggestions on improving effectiveness and efficiency,
- assess the sustainability of the project and provide guidance for achieving or improving the sustainability plan,
- give concrete suggests on how to improve the implementation of the project and how to reach all project objectives within the given project duration.
- assess the need for a no-cost project extension until end of April 2021 and work out activity plan and budget together with the two project partners.
- assess in detail the organization capacities of MELCA as implementation partner
- identification of a possible follow up project with MELCA as the sole cooperation partner of KKS.
The evaluation team should have expertise or/and professional background in:
- Participatory research methodology
- Income generation programmes, farm-based and non-farm-based
- Impact monitoring and evaluation
- Project planning, implementation and monitoring skill
- Dealing with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Minimum five years of experience of conducting evaluations of development projects preferably for international donors
The team should have:
- Very good command of English and respective local language
- Outstanding qualities in writing evaluation reports in English
- Familiarity with the characteristics of the local culture
How to Apply
Applications should include:
- proposed methodology including sampling framework, work schedule and proposed budget in Euro (or ETB)
- Capability statement demonstrating how they meet the required qualifications and competencies;
- Curriculum Vitae for each person on the study team;
- A sample of an evaluation report for a similar project completed within the last 24 months (this will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of quality assurance);
- A reference from a recent client.
Detailed Terms of Reference are available on request from Zebiba Ahmed email@example.com
Completed applications should be submitted within ten days of the first announcement date to
Frankfurt zoological Society Ethiopia
P.O. Box 10003 Addis Ababa In person to Zebiba Ahmed Adot Building, 7 the Floor, Around Bisrate Gebriel, Addis Ababa
Only those short-listed s will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa