London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering 2019-20 Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships. These scholarships are available to students from Africa, South East Asia, and South America who are accepted onto the 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program.
The aim of the study is to provide knowledge and skills to the students to start, develop and monitor mental health programs and/or policies in fewer resource settings, as well as to conduct research and conduct critical evaluations on global mental health.The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies and continuing education in public and global health. Their mission is to improve health and health equity in the UK and worldwide; working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research, education and translation of knowledge into policy and practice.
- Applications Deadline: March 24, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarships are available to pursue a master degree program.
- Study Subject: the scholarship will be awarded in the field of Sc Global Mental Health program.
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for M.Sc project expenses.
- Nationality: Africa (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa) South East Asia (Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam) South America (Nicaragua, Peru)
- Number of Scholarships: Up to four are available
- Scholarship can be taken inthe United Kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua, Peru
- Entrance Requirements:Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimumEnglish Language Requirementsif shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
The mode of application is online. Each applicant should submit only one application for the Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships for 2019-20.
How to Apply:To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:https://scholarship.lshtm.ac.uk/#/get-started
To apply for these funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for study for the M.Sc Global Mental Health program through theKing’s College Londononline application portal.
- Step 2:Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program, and
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Note: That incomplete application will not be considered.