Job Category: Communications / Journalism
Job Experience: Junior (3 Years +)
Job location: Brussels, Belgium
ADE is a private consultancy company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels. It supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies. ADE has three main areas of specialisation:
- Economic policies, macro-economic reforms & public finance, and regional development
- Rural development and environment
- Evaluation and monitoring
ADEis currently looking for aJournalist and Content Editorfor the EU’s programme MKS (Methodological and Knowledge Sharing Support Programme) in Brussels and more specifically for DEVCO’s knowledge sharing platform Capacity4dev (www.capacity4dev.eu) which falls within this programme. Capacity4dev is DEVCO’s knowledge sharing community platform for development practitioners. It has a working membership of over 23,000 people from the European Commission, EU Delegations, Member States, the UN, think tanks and various development organisations from around the world. Designed as an online resource for sharing information on development issues, its overall objective is to improve the quality of aid and better contribute to the development of capacities.
Most of the activity takes place within the platform’s groups. There are currently more than 400 public and private groups, which act as thematic information repositories. In these groups members share information, upload documents, announce and report on events, and so on.
ADE is looking for aJournalist and Content Editorto work on the Capacity4dev platform. Core responsibilities include producing multimedia content for knowledge-sharing purposes, such as articles and video interviews.
Interviewing and liaising with senior European Commission staff and international organisations is an important part of this job. A background in development plus communications/journalism/web content development is essential.
· Native English speaker(written English will be tested)
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in journalism, communication, international relations or equivalent
· Professional background in journalism/media or knowledge-management/communications, including:
o Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting articles in English, with at least one year on development cooperation related subjects
o At least 1 year of experience in development cooperation, with international bi-lateral or non-profit field experience
o Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with video journalism and visual storytelling
· Fluency in French (C1/C2 level) (ability to carry out interviews)
· Awareness of and sensibility to European Union stakeholders and procedures
Would be an asset:
· Knowledge of Spanish
· Experience in online content management and multimedia production for social media, including videos and infographics
· Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Photography skills
Overview of the key tasks
· The Journalist/Content Editor will assist the Editorial Coordinator in the production of multimedia content for the Capacity4dev platform and the MKS Programme.
· Core responsibilities include creating articles and interview videos on development policy and issues for the ‘Voices &Views’ page and for groups on Capacity4dev.
· Concept, production and delivery of articles, videos and other forms of multimedia
· Filming of events and conducting video interviews of colleagues and experts
· Assisting the members of the team as required on matters relating to website content
·A full-time position (5 days/week).
· The successful applicant will work within a small team of journalists at ADE’s Brussels office, and work closely with staff at DEVCO
· A challenging job in an international environment and within a company with highly-developed expertise and consultancy experience
· The possibility of developing your skills as a journalist and content editor
·Please send your CV and cover letter in English by email with reference “MKS585-Journ” to the attention of Mrs Andreea Toader at the following e-mail email@example.com February 7, 2019.An answer will be given only to short-listed candidates. For further information, please contact the above-mentioned person