Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 300 organizations in over 55 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations.
The Junior Developer will be part of a growing development team in Mumbai, which supports Vera’s consulting and product development teams. The Junior Developer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our Developers have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independently, and balance multiple projects.
- Write top quality code that provides the best solution for our clients
- Write well-tested and easily maintainable code
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, develop, test, and implement best-in-class Salesforce platform-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Interpret functional specifications and designs provided by consulting staff; ask questions in order to deeply understand the client’s needs and ensure that the consultant has adequately thought through the process and its implications for the overall system
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
- Learn new skills
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- 0-1 year of professional experience as a programmer and/or previous internship experience especially in programming or a similar role
- Foundations in the following:
- Server-side/back-end: Java/Apex
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with the Salesforce platform
- Interest in social service work or international development
How to apply
Please click here and complete the online application form.