Organization: Gruppo di Volontariato Civile
The EU Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council establishing the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps – EU Aid Volunteers and related legislation create a framework for joint contributions from European volunteers to support and complement humanitarian aid in third countries.
Therefore, the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative provides opportunities to European citizens and long-term residents, from a wide range of backgrounds and with a diversity of skills and professional experience, to get involved in humanitarian aid projects, support the provision of needs-based humanitarian aid in third countries and engage in volunteering opportunities, through deployment and online-volunteering.
The initiative focuses on strengthening the European Union’s capacity to deliver needs-based humanitarian aid by providing professional support through the deployment of trained volunteers to people in need. Furthermore, it aims to strengthen the capacity and resilience of vulnerable communities in third countries, through the implementation of joint projects between experienced humanitarian operators and local organizations in third countries.
In the framework of this project WEWORLD-GVC deploys 1 EU Aid Volunteers to Lebanon.
• Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents;
• Ensure an accurate and timely reporting according to WEWORLD-GVC, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats and archiving the various type of documents (list of beneficiaries, procurement procedures, photographic documentation and project visibility);
• Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports;
• Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals;
• Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations;
• Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems;
• Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing;
• Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports;
• Contribute to Project Cycle Management (PCM) trainings;
• Contribute to specific risks and needs analyses;
• Coordinating, participating and supporting all the other activities required for the proper development of the mission.
• Coordinate minute-taking and schedule of coordination meetings.
Communication and Awareness on EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
The EU Aid Volunteer shall:
• Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
• Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
• Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
- Preferred studies in International Relations / Social Studies / Political Science / Economics;
- Desirable Humanitarian / Development Project Cycle Management knowledge;
- Fluent in English written and spoken;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset;
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, and good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coordination and stress management;
- Team working;
- Strong initiative and autonomy;
- Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other customs and traditions;
- Good interpersonal, team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Good ability to adapt to the situation of instability;
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management;
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial);
- Desirable, good understanding of main Humanitarian and Development donors´ rules and regulations;
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing;
- Previous experience in developing countries;
- Desirable Professional experience in similar activities (Report and Proposal Writing, Project Cycle Management, grants management and coordination)) of at least 1-2 years.
- Prior volunteer experience is an asset.
CONDITION OF SERVICE
The EU Aid Volunteer will attend a 30-hours online training and a 9-12-days in presence training before her/his deployment.
The in presence training will have a standard part for all the candidates and some optional modules, decided according to the competences of the EU Aid Volunteer and the needs of the hosting organization.
The EU Aid Volunteer will have a Learning and Development Plan for the on-going assessment of her/his competences during the deployment.
Working and Living Conditions
• The Hosting Organization for the present deployment is WEWORLD-GVC Lebanon;
Length of Deployment:
• 12 months;
Deployment duty station:
• Beirut, Lebanon, with missions in the field;
Conditions of service during deployment:
• A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (474,19 Euro per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport;
• In addition, for each month of deployment 100 euro of post deployment resettlement allowance are foreseen;
• Accommodation, Visa fees, insurance and airfares will be covered directly by sending and/or hosting organization;
• The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and system established in the field;
• For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen, in addition to public holidays. It is highly recommended not to use the rest days during the first and the last month of deployment;
Conditions related to in-presence training:
• If a candidate volunteer is working outside of the EU, travel costs will be fully covered if EU citizens legally reside in a non-EU country for long-term or forever (i.e. who live in that country);
• EU citizens who are on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts more than 18 months;
On the contrary, only travel costs from an EU country to the training venue shall be covered if:
• EU citizens on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts less than 18 months;
• EU citizens selected by the same organization or affiliate with which they have an on-going assignment in the third country if this assignment is longer than 18 months;
Please note that more than one candidate per position will attend the training, to create an additional pool to cover drop-outs and unforeseen needs.
Eligibility and exception criteria
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence starting in June/July 2019;
• Pre-deployment induction in WEWORLD-GVC HQ, in Bologna, starting from August 2019;
• Deployment starting from September 2019.
WEWORLD-GVC applies a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Shortlisting and Interviews
To apply, the candidate shall fulfill the Application Form online, attach the CV, a Motivation Letter and the Self-Assessment Questionnaire.
• Submission of applications: from 14/03/2019 to 15/04/2019;
• Shortlisting and interviews of the candidates: from 15/04/2019 to 15/05/2019.
In case of changes of the dates, the candidates will be notified.
• All the interviews will be done online. The interviews have the aim to explore both the competences and the motivations of the candidates;
• The selected candidate/s for each vacancy will be notified by 30/05/2019. The date of the notification may vary according to the number of application received;
• The selected candidate/s will attend an online and in-presence training, which are part of the selection process;
• Please note that more than one candidate per position will attend the training;
• The final decision about the candidate to be deployed will be taken just by sending and hosting organization after the training.
Expected date decision on outcome 20/08/2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE WRITE TO email@example.com