Under the overall supervision of the Director, Coordinating Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and Malta and Representative to the Holy See, the direct supervision of the Head, Administration and Finance and in close coordination with the IT assistant, the incumbent will assist in providing IT support to the Mission in accordance with the IOM policies and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist with IT hardware and software’s troubleshooting;
• Assist in serving as first level technical support for staff requests and interact with local and remote users to provide assistance;
• Assist in setting up computer workstations;
• Assist in setting up teleconference and video conference meetings;
• Verify and ensure that requests are properly opened, resolved or escalated in a timely manner, documented and archived;
• Assist in the updating the ICT inventory in a timely manner and on a regular basis;
• Any other duty as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
High school diploma in Informatics. Degree in Informatics would be an asset.
Proven experience in the use of IT hardware/software. Experience in the IT field would be considered as an advantage.
Italian and English (Fluent)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The reference code CFCV 2020 20 Extended – Junior IT Assistant) must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed. Internal candidates with the required qualifications are invited to submit the internal application form in English at the above e-mail address. Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.