Training Agency:International Human Rights Network
Registration deadline:19 Jun 2019
Training date:24 Jun 2019to28 Jun 2019—
This annual IHRN training programme aims at enhancing the skills of justice sector personnel, consultants, managers etc, in applying Human Rights Based Approaches to Justice Sector Reform. The programme is designed for people working in the justice sector (with state or non state institutions) or undertaking Rule of law/Governance assignments (eg UN, EC Framework Contract Lot 7 – Governance and Home Affairs) as well as justice sector personnel wishing to adapt their expertise for international consultancy work.
Knowledge and skills enhanced include:
- The legal principles, policies & practice underpinning human rights based approaches to justice sector reform
- The inter-linkages between justice sector roles (law enforcement, judiciary, corrections/rehabilitation, etc)
- The relationship between the justice sector and related terms; ‘security sector’, ‘rule of law’, ‘good governance’
- Human Rights Based needs assessment, programme design, implementation, as well as monitoring & evaluation
- Programming tools & checklists (including benchmarks & indicators of human rights change)
- Case studies from national contexts as well as international field missions (including conflict and post-conflict)
- Teamwork, advocacy, strategic partnerships and consulting opportunities
Early bird fee of 1175e if paid on or before Friday the 15th February 2019 and 1475e thereafter. It’s covering tuition, materials, lunch and refreshments during the programme.
Application forms may be downloaded from the following link:-
completed the application in full and return together with your most recent CV email@example.com