Kenya Postgraduate Scholarships: The Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation mandated to finance Kenyans pursuing higher education in recognized institutions through provision of loans, bursaries and scholarships.
It is also charged with the responsibility of recovering loaned out funds to university students to create a revolving fund which will enable it meet its mandate.
Postgraduate students enrolled in Kenyan public or private universities recognized by the Commission for Higher Education (CHE), are invited to apply for consideration for Masters and PhD scholarship for the academic year.
Masters students will qualify for a scholarship worth Kshs 200,000 tenable over two academic years, while PhD candidates will qualify for Kshs 450,000 tenable over three academic years.
Graduate Scholarship Kenya – Application Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum of second class upper division;
- Admission to a local public or private university recognized by CHE;
- Reporting for 1st year of study;
- Age 30 years below for Masters;
- 40 years or below for PhD.Kenya Postgraduate Scholarships: How to apply
1. Applicant should access, fill and print the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form (PGSAF) from the website www.helb.co.ke
2. Print two copies of the PGSAF.
3. Have the form properly filled and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all necessary documents as indicate on the checklist on the PGSAF.
4. Submit one copy of the PGSAF, duly filled, signed and stamped and the relevant certified copies of transcripts and certificates attached, to our office on or before the deadline of December 31.
5. Retain one copy of the duly filled PGSAF.
Please ensure you read and understand the instructions provided on the online application form before you commence the application process.
For further information contact:
The Board Secretary/CEO, Higher Education Loans Board, Email: lending [at] helb.co.ke
Students interested in scholarships may apply online and print the application form, see: Kenya Postgraduate Scholarships – Higher Education Loans Board Website