Organization: UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [Equal Opportunity]
To ensure that programme design and implementation are driven by up-to-date and complete information and data, PMU is re-structuring and strengthening its internal KM system, including through the introduction of the Salesforce programme to establish a donor-related data base and the establishment of key tracking mechanisms and databases to monitor key data around grant utilization.
How can you make a difference?
The Knowledge Management Assistant will help with the restructuring and strengthening of information management and sharing of the PMU, primarily through the following tasks:
- In close consultation with the Social Policy Section, prepare an up-to-date data base and reference library with documents and data for key themes to inform the development of the new Country Programme Document
- Review and ensure completeness of PMU’s grants archiving and support section-specific archiving initiatives when necessary. Assist with updating of proposal and grants management trackers.
- Support budget analysis initiatives, including the development of appropriate tracking and monitoring sheets.
- Update the Ethiopia country office’s profile in Salesforce in collaboration with the Donor Relations Unit and the Front Office team.
- Working closely with the Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships (CAP) Section, support PMU in the migration to UNICEF’s new ECM
- 100% of relevant documents for grants for the current country program cycle are up to date on the appropriate shared drive.
- Salesforce updated to include ECO’s key donors
- Budget and proposal trackers are developed and updated
- Reference library for CPD is created and maintained in coordination with Sections.
The consultant will report to the Donor Relations Specialist
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Knowledge of Excel essential
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an advantage
- Knowledge of UNICEF programmes
- Previous experience working in grants management/client relationship management is preferred
- Previous experience in supporting knowledge management, archiving, and database development initiatives required.Work Experience
Two years of professional experience in the area of business administration, knowledge management including with the UN. Demonstrated experience in data analysis (Excel) is an asset.
Fluency in English.
Bachelor degree in business administration, project management, international relations or related field.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516673