Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP): The Korean Government awards scholarships to over 150 foreign students from over 75 countries. The scholarships are for undergraduate study in different Korean universities and colleges.
Korean Government Scholarships Qualifications
- Applicants should be a citizen of the country to which this scholarship program is offered. (including applicant’s parents)
- Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be under 25 years of age as of March.
- Have adequate health, both physically and mentally.
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, high school outside of Korea as of March.
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended or have earned top 10% of G.P.A. among classmates.
- Not at any time have received a Korean government scholarship for his/her undergraduate study before.
- Not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before.
- Preferential selection for applicants who are good at Korean or English.Korean Government – Scholarships Period
1 year of Korean language course and 4 years of undergraduate degree Course.
Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
- Monthly Allowance: 800,000 won per month
- Tuition (an entrance fee and a registration fee): The full entrance fee are exempted by the host institution.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Repatriation Allowance: 100,000 won upon completion of studies
- Korean Language Training
- Expenses: The full costs up to 4 years study.
- Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance during the period of their study program in Korea for major accidents and illnesses. (The medical fee will be reimbursed through the insurance company to the grantee after he/she pays first)Korean Government Scholarships – Required Documents
- One completed application form (on the prescribed form)
- Two 4cm x 5cm color photos
- One Copy of a high school diploma
- One Copy of a high school grade transcript
- Two recommendation letters (from the applicant’s teacher or principle of the school, academic advisor or the relevant chief of the organization)
- One Self-introduction Essay (on the prescribed form)
- One Study Plan (on a prescribed form)
- One personal medical assessment (on a prescribed form)
- One Certificate of Health authorized by a doctor (only for those candidates who are filtered and recommended by Korean Embassy or Consulate)For more information and application materials, visit: Korean Government Scholarship Program