Organization: Fondazione L’Albero della Vita
FADV in Libya
FADV started its operations in Tripoli in January 2018 to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the migration process. FADV is part of an Italian Consortium that is providing protection emergency’s response to the migrants in detention centre and host community. Based on a consolidated protection model for children associated to trauma in the migration process FADV provide PSS/PFA, in particular recreational, psychosocial and educational activities to support in specific “Child Friendly Space” children and mothers.
Location: Tunis, Tunisia (with regular travels to Libya according to the security situation)
Scope of the Vacancy
The Protection Manager will be responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of his/her projects. He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of the staff in Libya, together with logistics, financial and overall functioning in particular the process of official registration of FADV in Libya.
Reporting to: Emergency Coordinator
Type of Appointment: three months with possibility of extension
The PM will be based in Tunis and be responsible for FADV programs in Libya of Child Protection and PSS. He/She will gain a thorough understanding of local Protection needs and give technical advice and guidance to ensure that quality of implementation meets standards as per international CP standards.
· Assisting the Emergency Coordinator in Formulating country strategies, policies and approaches across FADV mission’s operational portfolio as well as identify develop and write new proposals
· Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of the case management activities; in collaboration with the Child Protection team, deals with possible cases which cannot be addressed by the available and ongoing referral network;
- Identify and promote participatory approaches to strengthen community resilience and preparedness and train CP partners
- Provide a Child Protection/PSS matrix and advocate with CP Partners for Child Protection issues mainstreaming (in particular work with UN agencies)
· In cooperation and synergy with the consortium, plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor, with donor’s and FADV’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
· Finalizes the data provided by the team in Tripoli, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
· Contributes in consolidating the case management referral network by establishing proficient collaboration with the partners working in the targeted areas and actively suggesting gaps and recommendations to the supervisors;
· Contributes and organises the training designed by FADV CP and PSS specialists;
· Promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
· Coordinate capacity building trainings in PSS focused on the concept of child resilience and psychosocial support, based on the Minimum Standard in CPiE. Identify PSS capacity building needs of FADV child protection strategy and partners.
· Develop an advocacy strategy for issues related to child protection that require sensitization of local authorities or donors and contribute to the development of key messages for broader humanitarian advocacy/messaging initiatives of UNICEF Child protection.
· Follows and enforces all FADV codes of conduct and policies.
Profile of the candidate
- Master’s Degree in Psychology is preferred
- Degrees in social sciences, social work, or other disciplines combined with proven track record of PSS activities will be considered.
- At least three years of relevant professional work experience in Child Protection or MHPSS in the humanitarian field.
- Experience in working in emergency context with international CP standards.
- Proven experience in writing proposals for the most important donors
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Child Protection and the case management process
- Ability to strategize and develop PSS activities that complement and strengthen the case management process
- Strong knowledge and experience in structuring training programs focused on capacity building
- Able to represent the organisation with relevant stakeholders
Fully proficient in written and spoken English and Italian.
- Strong inter-personal skills to develop effective working relationships with donors, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
For further information and to apply, please write to the following email address: email@example.com