Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
Our client is looking to hire experienced Laboratory Technician Staff for one of their hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for laboratory services at a hospital in Nairoabi, Kenya.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalised & caring attitude.
- Participate in public health awareness initiatives.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Using the highest industry standards, s / he renders laboratory services in both in patient & out patient settings, using an evidence based approach in keeping with generally accepted standards for the profession.
- S / He shall follow set rules for laboratory routine protocols & SOP’s.
- Duties include performance of lab tests as requested by the clinician & the collection, recording of scientific data both quantitative & qualitative.
- S / He shall be responsible for correct calibration & maintenance of all machines & equipment in the lab, as well as those items dispersed across the hospital for point of care testing.
- Malfunctions should be reported immediately to the biomedical team.
- S / He may be required to provide daytime & after hours services for elective & emergency admissions on a rotational basis, during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends & contractual leave periods.
- Reviews with the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager, adverse events, problem incidents & complaints & explores all opportunities to improve the quality of care & provide recommendations with regards to risk management.
- Participates in the quality assurance program for lab services & monitors key performance indicators.
- Assists the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager in developing best practices guidelines & protocols.
- The Laboratory Technician will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in histopathology.
Knowledge / Technical skills:
- BLS provider.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- MS Office computer skills.
Other relevant information:
- This role is for roster / talent building purposes.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: