Location: Central America (including: Belize, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama)(must already be based in the region)
Apply by:** 15 February 2019
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a US-based, international non-governmental organization whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. To fulfill this mission, we provide annual grants of vitamin A supplements, deworming medication and multivitamins to NGOs that work with children 6-59 months old and/or pregnant women.
Role or Purpose of Position
VA seeks a short-term consultant based in Central America to support monitoring and learning solutions in the region. Main objectives of the consultancy will include:
1)Perform On-Site monitoring of regional partners
· Work with LAC Program Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (M&E Manager and Specialist) to determine monitoring schedule for priority location and organizations.
· Coordinate and conduct on-site monitoring visits of a portion of field partners throughout Latin America, primarily in Central America;
· Submit monitoring data through a mobile technology-based application,
· Support monitoring, evaluation, and data collection activities designed by VA headquarters.
2)Conduct regular trainings consistent with tool box selection for all field partners
· Work with LAC Program Manager and Learning Solutions Unit (LS Manager and Specialist) to determine a learning schedule for priority locations and organizations,
· Identify course participants based on VA’s participant selection criteria,
· Maintain continued communications with the organizations, individual participants, and facilitators scheduled for learning activities,
· Coordinate travel and/or travel reimbursement for the course facilitator(s),
· Provide electronic copies of relevant course materials to participants in advance of each course, and ship learning materials to the learning site,
· Create a budget for each course that is approved by the Learning Solutions Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Based in a major metropolitan area in a Central American country;
· B.A./B.Sc degree from an accredited four year universitywith a relevant area of discipline *or equivalent ;
· Strong understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition in the region;
· Minimum two years of experience performing consultancies with INGOs, bilateral, or multilateral agencies;
· Prior experience performing on site monitoring of NGO programs;
· Prior experience facilitating training/learning for groups of individuals
· Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and ability to input data to an online database;
· Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally during the consultancy;
· Willing to work from home, with own personal laptop/computer and in possession of reliable telephone/internet connectivity;
· Superior written and oral communications skills;
· Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; and
· Fluent in English and Spanish
To apply, please email your professional resume and cover letter toPrograms@vitaminangels.org.