Are you a qualified trainer or facilitator with a strong interest helping people stay safe? Safer Edge is a dynamic company pioneering new approaches in risk management learning for NGOs, charities, universities and others. Our growing company is expanding our Learning Team to include a full-time Learning Coordinator. This person will deliver courses in both the UK and abroad – including hostile environment, personal security, first aid, crisis management and safeguarding.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in facilitation and training as well as strong interpersonal skills. A recognised first aid instructor qualification, previous work in international development or risk management is a distinct advantage. Having previously worked in international development or risk management will be a distinct advantage. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to manage a complex workload, problem solving and positive attitude.
Safer Edge prioritises non-traditional perspectives into security, risk management and safeguarding. We welcome applications from individuals under-represented in our sector including women, those from the LGBTQI community, disabled and BAME candidates.
LOCATION– Home based – with 50% national and international travel
DATE REVIEWED– 01 October 2018
PART 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Learning Coordinator is a full-time position within the Learning Team. The purpose of the role is to coordinate and deliver high quality courses as well as contributing to Safer Edge’s curriculums alongside our roster of specialist consultants.
In both the UK and abroad, the Learning Coordinator will regularly facilitate Safer Edge courses and contribute to curriculum development and event management for:
· Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
· Personal Security
· Remote First Aid
· Crisis Management
· Security Management
Applicants should be prepared to travel at short notice and occasionally to higher risk locations
2. LINE MANAGEMENT / POSITION IN ORGANISATION
·Reports to:Strategic Learning Advisor
3. DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
· No budgetary responsibility
4. CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Course delivery (50% of time)
- Facilitate HEAT courses – approximately eight per year in the UK and overseas. This will require at least one week of residential travel per course.
- Deliver other courses which vary between 2-5 days in the UK and overseas.
- Ensure course delivery adheres to safety and security standards and duty of care requirements.
- Support the Learning Team in course organisation and resourcing for both open and tailored courses. Including client liaison (logistical support, sourcing and drafting consultant assignment sheets).
- Provide back up support for HEAT simulation coordinator.
- Liaise with clients to ensure that tailored courses meet their requirements.
- Support Strategic Learning Advisor in redesign, update and management of core learning materials and course packs.
- Work with Learning Team to ensure client feedback is gathered, analysed and utilised to make improvements and changes to curricula where appropriate.
- Support Strategic Learning Advisor with consultant updates on new learning points, changes to materials and feedback
- Support other operations/activities within Safer Edge with relevant information as required. This includes support to the sales process as well as marketing.
- Ensure good knowledge management across the team and organisation, including filing and general administration.
- Contribute to growing the Learning Team and ensuring strategy and vision implementation.Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject (international development / international affairs / political science / education / learning and development / risk management) Desirable
- Masters level qualification in a relevant subject
- Recognised Learning and Development or training qualification
- Recognised First Aid Instruction qualification Experience
- Experience in training and facilitation on a range of topics with diverse audiences and across cultures.
- Experience in designing and adapting training materials including:
- Assessing learning needs, and outcomes
- Curriculum design
- Adapting curricula to different audiences
- Integrating feedback for improving courses
- Minimum 3 years experience working with an organisation involved in international development. Demonstrated knowledge of current security and / or risk management approaches for organisations working in international development. Desirable
Experience working in insecure environments (either in security or programme management role)
- Excellent communicator & team player
- Culturally sensitive
- Comfortable and sensitive in delivery of training on sensitive topics such as sexual violence
- Genuine interest in participant learning
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Detail oriented
- Positive, ‘can do’ approach / solutions focused
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple priorities
- Good time management Willing and able to travel at short notice, sometimes to insecure locations
- Fluent French, Arabic or other languages
Interested? Send your CV and a Covering Letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org 31 October 2018. Please include your name and what role you are applying for. You will also be required to have the correct right to work documents for the UK.
This is an ongoing recruitment with no closing date. Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Only those who meet the person specification will be contacted for interview.