Overview of position
The Legal & Compliance Assistant will support the Client Services Director & General Counsel in ensuring the compliance of the company in all jurisdictions of operation, compliance with contractual requirements, compliance with management systems and management of legal risk.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Conducting research and compiling reports on applicable regulations and laws across all jurisdictions of operation (including but not limited to employment laws, company laws and tax laws)
· Conducting other legal research
· Supporting/Managing set ups of legal entities in new jurisdictions
· Managing the compliance of existing legal entities’ annual local audit and reporting requirements
· Liaising with local legal counsel and experts
· Conducting due diligence on partners, subcontractors, suppliers and clients
· Assisting with/managing the handling of disciplinary cases (depending on complexity)
· Reviewing RFP and bid documentation for legal risk factors
· Assist in contract compliance and training operational teams on contractual requirements
· Drafting legal documents (including but not limited to NDAs, Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, MoUs, etc.) and correspondence with clients and other parties
· Drafting standard operating procedures and assist with ISO certification requirements
· Keeping files organised and up to date in paper and/or electronic format
· Ensure that all CTG supply chain has gone through due diligence, comply with the company’s code of conduct, and work towards raising their standards
· Maintaining and track laws and regulations, contract documentations, amendments and various compliance measures
· Developing policies and procedures, and monitor its correct implementation
· Ensure that all signed contracts, amendments, extensions are properly communicated to all relevant stakeholders to provide awareness and clarify questions.
This role reports to the Client Services Director & General Counsel but will be actively in comms with relevant stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law or legal studies (preferably with a module in employment law)
• Qualified solicitor (or equivalent)
• 3-5 years of demonstrable relevant experience.
• Experience working in the HR and/or humanitarian sector is preferable
• Experience with large contracts (both with private and public sectors) and supply chains, is an advantage.
• Experience in dealing with multiple jurisdictions, especially conflict-affected states, is an advantage.
• Fluency in English is essential. Arabic and French language skills are favourable
The successful candidate will:
• Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Be comfortable handling large work load, working under time pressure, managing multiple issues at once
• Have strong organisational skills – ability to follow up on issues and prioritise
• Possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Have superior research skills
• Demonstrate a high level of discretion with confidential matters
• Have experience with online document management systems
• Have business proficiency in computer systems and MS Office applications
Candidates applying for this opportunity must be eligible to work in the United Arab Emirates & must be currently in the U.A.E.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: