Position Title: Leadership Trainer
Project Name: Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: February 28 ,2021 – March 15, 2021
Location: Ajdabiya, Tripoli
The Taqarib/Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. Taqarib /LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, Taqarib/LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
- Developing the capacity of potential women candidates on leadership skills & techniques.
- Develop the capacity of 20 women potential candidates, by providing them with an intensive training on Leadership & Diplomacy Skills, to equip them with the needed knowledge to occupy a leading position on the Local Level in Ajdabiya City.
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
- Provide training on leadership and diplomacy skills for 30 women participants.
- Prepare and submit training agenda and material that focuses on the following:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Leadership concept
- Overview of leadership types and qualities of a leader
- Gender and leadership: Do women bring unique strengths as leaders? What barriers and stereotypes do women face to leadership?
- Identifying the leader within and self-assessment exercises: discussion of the skills and qualities that women possess and can contribute to leadership as well as areas where there might be a need for development. Guidance on self-assessment of strengths and growth areas in leadership
- Developing your leadership: Steps to becoming the leader
- Developing self-confidence
- Personal effectiveness – goal setting, time management, confidence
- Developing Self-Confidence, Work/Life Balance
- Decision Making, Etiquette
- Goal Setting, Recognizing your passions
- Developing a vision and goals to achieve them – what’s the difference between vision/goals/objectives?
- Developing a plan to achieve your goals.
- Introduction to Negotiation
- What makes a negotiation successful and the stages of negotiation.
- Negotiation exercise/role play
- Speech and communication skill
- Managing Conflict/Conflict Sensitives
- Presentation skills
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive professional experience working in the field of leadership & management training.
- Bachelor or high diploma degree, preferably in relevant field.
- A record of executing leadership training.
- Excellent knowledge about Women Empowerment Issues.
- Familiar with local governance and Municipal work.
- Available to attend and conduct this training in Ajdabiya City.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject title “Leadership Trainer”