Position Title: Local Governance Trainer
Project Name: Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: February 28,2021 – March 11, 2021
Location: Ajdabiya, Libya
The Taqarib/Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. Taqarib /LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, Taqarib/LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
Develop the capacity of 20 women potential candidates, by providing them with an intensive training on the Local governance, in order to improve women participation as a voter and a candidate in the city of Ajdabiya.
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
- Provide training on local governance to 20 women participants.
- Preparing the training agenda and material, material should focus on the following:
- Introduction on Libyan Laws related to local governance
· Summarizing Law 59 articles
· Roles & responsibilities of the Municipal council
· Network map, and assessment of women status within the municipalities
· Exercise on dealing with different personalities patterns in the administration
- Gender in the Local Parliament Administration
· Libyan women qualifications and competition for leading position
· Assessment of women qualifications and deficiencies of the public personality
- International law regarding women participating
· Women’s participation in political life: (history and trends, the benefits, obstacles, and minimum conditions)
· International/ regional/ national frameworks
· The impact of women’s participation in political life
· Promote women’s participation in local elections.
- Quotation in Libyan laws
· How do you run for participation in the local elections?
· Transferring local and international expertise and experiences (examples from the region and best practices to enhance women participation)
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive professional experience working in the field of Local governance training.
· Excellent knowledge about Law No. 59 of 2012 concerning the Local Administration System
· Very good knowledge about Women Empowerment Issue.
· Bachelor or high diploma degree, preferably in relevant field.
· Past experience in providing similar trainings.
· Available to attend and conduct this training in Ajdabiya City.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject title “Local Governance Trainer”