Organization:Management Systems International
Livestock Specialist, Livestock Sector Consultative Meeting, Performance Management Support Contract
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives .
**** Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position. **
The USAID Pakistan Economic Growth and Agriculture Office (EGA) intends to use the services of MSI to organize a consultative workshop meeting with livestock sector stakeholders in Islamabad, Pakistan. This meeting will help gather various experts opinions, share lessons learned and information on current activities in the livestock sector in Pakistan from livestock specialists, academic institutions, donor communities, and provincial governments. The consultative sessions will focus around thematic areas including dairy, meat, wool, small and large ruminants farming sectors, as well as sector specific policy.
MSI is seeking a Livestock Specialist, to facilitate a consultative meeting with the livestock stakeholders and prepare a presentation and guide the discussion throughout the meeting. The presentation will include the purpose of the meeting and provide some background information related to the Pakistani livestock sector. The Livestock Specialist is expected to be familiar with the technical subject matter, and knowledgeable about dairy, cattle meat (beef), small ruminants and wool value chains, along with related policy environment in Pakistan. The Livestock Specialist will facilitate the discussion to keep it focused around the selected themes and will provide a high-quality meeting report.
The anticipated duration of the consultancy assignment is October 19, through November 1, 2018.
In collaboration with MSI staff and team members, the Livestock Specialist will take the lead in:
- Designing and planning the event with the PERFORM project management team
- Designing the meeting agenda, finalizing list of partners and sending invitations
- P reparing and delivering a presentation which will include the purpose of the meeting, some background and contextual information related to the Pakistani livestock sector
- Facilitating the meeting, guiding discussions and meeting with partners
- Transcribing qualitative data collected from the discussions and narratives of the participants
- Providing a high-quality summary report capturing the discussions and recommendations from the meeting, which will be submitted to USAID three days after the meeting.
- At least a Master of Science in Animal Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Agriculture or related subject is required; advanced degree desired
- The candidate must be a skilled facilitator with a minimum of 8 (eight) years of relevant experience in the sector. Working experience with donor agencies, government and private sector organizations is desired.
- Familiarity with the technical subject matter, and knowledge about dairy, cattle meat (beef), small ruminants and wool value chains in Pakistan.
- Advanced technical writing skills, ability to prepare highly technical report and analyses relevant to the assignment;
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu is required.
***Position will be filled on a rolling basis***
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com