Organization: Social Impact
Local Logistician/Program Assistant, USAID ALME/RDMA Ex-Post Evaluation of the Mai Munisipiu Program, Timor-Leste
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a Task Order under the Asia Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) contract to conduct an ex-post evaluation of the Timor-Leste Mai Munisipiu Program. The goal of the activity, which was implemented between 2013 and 2017, was to increase institutional and human capacity at local levels to deliver basic services such as legal, health, water and sanitation effectively and in a manner that is responsive to citizen needs and expectations.
This evaluation will assess the degree to which the results of USAID’s funded Mai Munisipiu Program were sustained a year after the conclusion of activities and identify any lessons learned for implementation of future activities.
Social Impact is seeking a Local Logistician/Program Assistant to support the evaluation team both before and during its arrival in Dili. The Logistician/Program Assistant will support the logistical/administrative requirements such as arranging travel and lodging, contacting local government entities for interviews and site visits, scheduling interviews, and advising the team on local customs and appropriateness of interview protocols.
The period of performance is October 2018-March 2019, with anticipated fieldwork and data collection in Dili in January 2019.
**Please note: only candidates with Timor-Leste citizenship will be considered for this role!**
- Responsible for all operations and logistics of the evaluation.
- Arrange meetings and transport.
- Contact government officials and entities and arrange interviews for the evaluation team.
- Provide regular updates to evaluation team and headquarters support team.
- Bachelor’s degree with exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administration or logistics of international development projects, preferably for evaluations.
- Experience handling logistics of data collection (setting up interviews, tracking completions, locating participants, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc).
- Ability and willingness to travel in focal states to support the team throughout data collection.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, fluency in Tetun is a plus.
- Strong English writing skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.