Local Research Analyst, Evaluation and Project Support of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi), Sri Lanka
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is developing a proposal response to provide evaluation, development communications, and research support for the 3.5 year ADB’s Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative grant project, aimed at women entrepreneurship development in Sri Lanka: ‘Enabling an Empowering Business Environment for Women Entrepreneurs’. As part of the project, components include rigorous collection of quantitative and qualitative data, impact evaluation, focus group discussions, effective dissemination of information, and gap assessment and development of plans to improve capacity of key actors to enhance a sustainable ecosystem of support for women entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka. If successfully awarded, the expected start date for the assignment is December 15th, 2018.
SI is seeking a local Research Analyst to provide consulting services on this assignment. The analyst will collect and analyze data, as well as to collaborate with the Lead Researcher to deliver a research backed policy paper. The consultancy is expected to require a total of five intermittent person-months.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Sri Lankan citizenship will be considered.
- Work closely with the Lead Researcher to develop a measure of women entrepreneurship in Sri Lanka, such as a women entrepreneurship index, leveraging on the data collected.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Researcher to deliver an evidence-based policy paper on women’s entrepreneurship.
- Collect and analyze primary and secondary data, using statistical packages.
- Graduate degree in the social sciences, finance, or economics.
- At least 10 years of experience researching topics in finance or economics.
- Demonstrated use of research methodologies in previous roles is a must.
- Experience with primary and secondary data collection, and analysis using statistical packages are strongly desired.
- Experience conducting research on gender-based issues in the financial sector is an advantage.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.