Base of posting BAALBECK
Reports to Project Coordinartor
Duration of Mission 6 months with possible extension
Start date ASAP
MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases). Since beggining we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In Middle East region, MAGNA has currentlly working in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq providing access to medical care for population in crisis, through static healthcare centres, mobile health and outreach interventions. In Lebanon, MAGNA implement project in Baalbeck and provide medical and mental health activities through static clinics and mobile services.
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring all supply chain, logistics, administration and finance related activities in the project according to MAGNA protocols, standards and policies, in order to optimize the mission’s response to the needs of the target population and ensure an optimal running of the project
Establishing, planning and supervising in close collaboration with the PC and the LogCo and/or FinCo / AdminCo, the supply/log/HR/Fin/Admin activities, and the budget planning, as required in the project in order to identify, respond and ensure the present and future needs of the project
Monitoring the implementation of the following activities in accordance with MAGNA procedures and guidelines:
- Coordinating, in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the LogCo, the supply chain processes and systems (order processing, reception, storage, packing and management of stocks, cold chain, procurement systems), keeping accurate and updated information on stocks (expiry dates, security level, pipeline and lead times) in order to ensure availability of all the medical and non-medical material and related services under optimal conditions.
- Supervising administration related activities, in close relation with the Fin Manager and in accordance with the MAGNA purchasing and payment procedures for the mission, anticipating short term needs and asking for necessary transfers or withdrawals, the cash management processes in order to ensure liquidity needs and an accurate handle.
- Supervising a support structure and the timely execution of all curative and preventive maintenance and repairs for the effective management of all MAGNA equipment and facilities in order to ensure its good condition and usability.
- Supervising and training the teams of drivers, mechanics and any other staff involved in vehicle management in order to ensure their operating capabilities.
- Carrying out administration related activities, in close relation with the Fin Manager, the accountancy, general ledger and reporting activities, payments to suppliers, internal or external, and personnel, ensuring taxes and national social insurances compliance, transparency on accountancy as well as coherent information on service supply chain processes
- Tracking administrative employment contracts for national staff, updating the existing database to comply with local labour regulations, coordinating and supervising procedures for payroll, controlling the payment of overtime and the closing of the monthly payroll. Preparing declarations form for monthly taxes and employee/employer social security contributions, creating a file containing all data to comply with legal regulations
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with HR department the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction/briefing, evaluation, potential detection, etc.) of the national staff under his/her responsibility as specified by the line manager and the administrative and logistic processes (end of contract, accommodation, extension of mission, early return, etc) of the international staff of the project in order to ensure an efficient staff sizing, facilitating its reception, movements and legal compliance
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (reports, logistical statistics, etc)
Required knowledge and skills
Essential, secondary education
Essential, 2 years of previous working experience in related activities. Desirable, previous experience in humanitarian aid
Essential, Mission working language and English
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Your gross (untaxed) monthly salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience.
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “LOG FIN HR MANAGER BAALBECK”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.