Position Name: Logistics Assistant
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support – Assistant Level
Ref. number: SOM-128
Department: Operations/Field Office Hargeisa/Support Office
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Logistics Assistant reports to the Head of Field Office Hargeisa for operational issues and to the Head of Mission Support Department for functional issues that are linked to technical, mission support related matters. The Head of Mission Support Department will be the second line manager.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To replace the Financial and Administration Officer and CIS assistant as requested;
· To have a readiness to work in other Mission locations with a short notice;
· To assist the General Support Section in facilitating customs clearance of Mission equipment;
· To keep the General Support Section informed of logistical issues of the Field Office as appropriate;
· To be responsible of the technical condition, repair and maintenance of the vehicles allocated to the Field Office.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To deal with all aspects of logistical and supply needs such as, the acquisition, distribution and allocation of all logistical resources, including providing supply chain management solutions and transportation, and the coordination and management of all aspects related to custom’s clearance procedures;
· To monitor available supplies, materials and products in order to ensure that staff members have access to the items they need;
· To record and update the asset records of the Field Office and to maintain up to date information in the ERP system;
· To manage on a daily basis the records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked;
· To prepare reports, such as asset reports, inventory balance, shortages and vehicle status reports;
· To participate in the procurement procedures, market surveys and contract management as requested;
· To prepare list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items;
· To assist the General Support Section in prioritising and coordinating the logistical activities in his/her area of competence;
· To collect, file and forward, draft technical reports and implement operating instructions, guidelines and procedures regarding provision of assets and supplies;
· To be responsible of and ensures adequate logistical support regarding computers, vehicles, furniture, telecommunications etc.;
· To record asset movements and to update and maintain required electronic asset management tools;
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of a minimum level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and/or a professional technical/mechanical trade and/or technical engineering, such as a qualified technical trades person with a minimum education at a vocational/technical trade school/College and attested by a trades diploma; AND
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in warehouse and asset management, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the administrative and financial procedures related to logistics activities;
· Ability to perform under stress and in difficult circumstances;
· Good command of spoken and written English including vehicle and logistics related vocabulary;
· Good computer skills to keep electronic records, use electronic document management system;
· Medium level Excel skills are required;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Good report writing skills.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Knowledge of current technologies and electronic tools used in Warehousing, Supply Chain Management and Fleet Management;
· Administrative and bookkeeping experience;
· Training in logistics/asset management/logistics and transport management or any other related courses;
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position;
· Driving Licence category C1.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Logical analytical approach to solving problems using sound judgment and decision making methodologies;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
· Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
· Remains calm in stressful situations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…