Position: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Maban, Upper Nile State, South Sudan
Duration: One year
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The main purpose of this position is to assist in with the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to the area team in Maban, South Sudan. The Area Logistics Coordinator will assist in building capacity of the logistics staff, taking lead in the procurement for an area office, fleet management, communications, management of supplies and the movement of goods and personnel and assist the Area Manager in security management.
RI currently seeks the Area Logistic Coordinator to support RI operations in Batil, Maban County which focus on Health & Nutrition RI is operating 70 beds 24/7 hospital and FSL. This is an expatriate position that requires some travel within South Sudan to different project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Team leadership:
Ø Update the organogram and TORs of the area logistics department
Ø Oversee the team delegate tasks and undertake appraisals of directly supervised staff;
Ø Ensure training and capacity building for logistics team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department;
· Internal Procedures and Information Flows
Ø Develop relevant management procedures within the team;
Ø Improve information flows within the department and with other departments and projects;
Ø Ensure that RI logistic polices are implemented, where needed ensure revision based on international best practices, donor requirements and results of internal and external audits
Ø Produce monthly logistic reports
Procurement Planning and Supply chain management
· Responsible for project procurement planning on area level;
· Manage and coordinate the entire procurement on area level and supply chain resources;
· Reinforce current procedures and the quality of RI internal control;
· Ensure information flow with other departments and capital office for effective service delivery thus securing the successful conclusion of the programmes;
· Accountable for overall compliance with the procurement procedures;
· Maintaining supplier database, follow RI standard criteria for registering new supplier
· Maintaining Procurement tracker for field office
· Accountable for all programme inventories in the areas;
· Responsible for overall compliance with the stock management procedures;
· Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
· To maintain proper mechanism of Store Issue Vouchers, Store Receive Vouchers, invoices tonnage summary and stringent compliance of RI and donors.
Delivery (Transport) Management
· Overall delivery management for RI freight and passenger transport;
· Ensure national transportation of freight by air is in line with programme budgets
Assets and Property Management (including premises)
· Ensure the safety and effective use of all RI assets and property at the area level;
· Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of these resources;
- Maintain an asset register; ensuring that all assets are logged. Updating the assets inventory ever time when asset movement is made.
· Make sure each assets purchased locally is tagged and properly recorded in the database. Hard copies of assets permanent allocations are kept on file
Fleet and Fuel Management
· To ensure proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of the RI fleet;
· To control and manage the cost of the fleet (fuel, maintenance and repairs) ;
Telecommunication and Information Technology Management
· Set-up, manage and ensure effective use of the entire telecommunication and IT system;
· Organize the installation of computing hardware and software;
· Ensure the maintenance and undertake a regular inventory of IT equipment;
· Organize the installation of communication equipment: telephones, HF and VHF radios and train staff in the use of such equipment;
· Make sure Operations weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are carried out on time. All reports to be shared with the Country Operations team on time.
· Procurement tracker and stock report to be updated and shared with country Operations team on weekly basis.
Qualifications and experience:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in relevant field with extensive experience in Logistics and procurement.
· A Minimum 5 years of logistics, procurement, supply chain experience gained in developing countries, South Sudan experience an added advantage.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, diplomacy and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
· Strong supervision and people management skills
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations
· High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Excellent written and spoken English required; Arabic an asset.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
We value our people, offer holistic staff care and rewarding career, along with Inclusive workplace where Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration and Sustainability are highly valued.
For consideration please submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, where you worked with the person, current employer, and telephone number).
Due to the critical nature of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this is posted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
nterested Applicants are requested to click on the link below to fill in their application: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&…