Organization: FrenchRed Cross
Closing date:25 Jan 2019
The French Red Cross (CRF) has been present in Haiti alongside the Haitian Red Cross (CRH) since 1994. The long-term action and partnership between the CRF and CRH has been greatly strengthened following the earthquake of 12 January 2010 and the cholera epidemic that followed at the end of that year. Following these two disasters, the CRF, in support of the Haitian Red Cross (CRH) and in coordination with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), intervened in the IDP camps. and partially destroyed neighborhoods by first conducting emergency relief distributions during the first few months.
At present, the three strategic axes of the delegation are:
• The health
• Risk and Catastrophe Management (in collaboration with PIRAC – Caribbean Americas Regional Response Platform of the French Red Cross)
• Food safety
Main projects in progress
- Project SREBAC / Cholera – the response to the cholera epidemic. – “Support to departmental health institutions for strengthening the community response to cholera through community mobilization and contingent actions”.
- Cholera Emergency Project – “Adapted response to cholera management in case of outbreak and community monitoring of patients treated with diphtheria”.
- Hazard and Disaster Reduction Project – this project will focus on educating children about climate change and related risks, especially in schools.
The logistics coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the logistical procedures necessary for the smooth running of the activities of the FIU in Haiti and guarantees their respect, as well as their adaptation to the context and needs.
Work under the direct responsibility of the Head of Delegation based in Port au Prince.
Is responsible for the logistics department which is in the form of 3 areas: Vehicle Fleet Management, Procurement, Logistics Base Life / ICT.
Collaborates internally with the administrative coordinator (HR, Finance and Purchasing clusters), the health coordinator, the logistics division at the headquarters of the CRF based in Paris, and externally with the Fédération de la Croix- Red and Crescent.
A- Responsible for setting up logistics procedures as defined by the MOPI and respecting their application
B- Management: ensures the direction and the effective and dynamic animation of its teams
C- Reporting: provides a monthly report on the activities of the logistics department
D- Representation and Coordination: represents the FIU in the logistics sector with the IFRC, CRH, other PNSs, and other national societies
E- Assures the role of security focal point
F- Technical support to program logisticians: ensures a functional link between program logisticians and the logistics department in Port au Prince
G- Strengthening local capacities
H- Transversal mission: support in the emergency response
The profile of the candidate
- Diploma in logistics and professional experience confirmed in the field.
- Experience or knowledge of the desired Red Cross Movement
- Propensity to teamwork and listening
- Flexibility, creativity, initiative and adaptability
- Ability to analyze and summarize
- Rigor in terms of security rules in a sensitive context
- Travel Availability
Essential skills and experiences:
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing multicultural teams in the field of logistics AND in a humanitarian NGO
- Minimum 5 years experience in a developing country
- Experience in degraded security contexts
- Mastery of the mandatory Office Pack
- Good analytical and synthetic mind
- Good autonomy and ability to work under pressure
Skills and experiences appreciated:
- Knowledge of the Haitian context is an asset
- Knowledge of the procedures of the main donors (ECHO, EUROPEAID, UNICEF)
- Knowledge of CRF procedures
- Fluent French
- English highly desired
- Creole, a plus
- Location: Port au Prince – HAITI
- Duration: 6 months
- To be filled: January 2019
- Status: expatriate employee
The French Red Cross reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline for the announcement and the submission of applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Without further contact from us within 3 weeks, please consider that we do not respond favorably to your application.
· Passport valid for more than 6 months at the time of departure;
· Current vaccination booklet / ability to travel.
To learn more about the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to take two courses online, free and accessible to all.
The completion of these courses is a plus in your application:
WORC. (World of Red Cross and Red Crescent): This online training is devoted to the fundamental principles and the functioning of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Through 12 modules it covers topics such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, the emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is intended for everyone: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to know more about the largest humanitarian movement in the world.
Stay Safe, on the other hand, is intended for all personnel brought to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a national society of the Red Cross and Red Crescent. The course aims to develop a common culture of security management within the Movement. It thus provides a better understanding of the main threats and risks faced by humanitarian actors on the ground and proposes solutions to limit their impact.
You will find these courses on the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent’s E-Learning Learning Platform by clicking on the following link:https://ifrc.csod.com/client /ifrc/default.aspx
Thank you for applying online by sending CV + LM to:http: //emploi.international.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp? S = 4A5 …