Contract duration:12 months
To start as soon as possible
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Iraq Programme for an experienced Logistics professional to lead the Logistics function of our programme.
The Logistics Manager has responsibility for the logistics functions across the programme, including supply chain, asset and vehicle management, estate management and procurement. The Logistics Manager ensures that relevant donor or organisational policies and procedures are complied with. They are also responsible for coordination with the Logistics Cluster, and work closely with the International Logistics Team based in the UK.
The successful applicant will have:
- substantial experience in Logistics Management in an INGO overseas, preferably in a similar operating context.
- Experience in supply chain, asset and vehicle management, estate management and procurement.
- Knowledge of communications and technical equipment, and experience managing staff.
- The ability to manage their own workload, work to strict time-frames and deal with complex issues.
- Cross-cultural skills, strong written and communication skills and the ability to relate well to people.
Does your experience match this skill-set? If so, we would love to hear from you.
This role will involve training and development of national staff in the Logs function.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in this country. All posts involve potential contact with children and the recruitment process will include specific checks related to safe-guarding issues.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website:https://jobs.tearfund.org/tearfund/jobs/vacancy/logistics-manager—iraq…