Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC in Bangladesh is in the final stages of obtaining registration as a legal entity (NGO) in Bangladesh. Once this is in place, NRC will be eligible to seek funding in-country, and to employ staff locally. Therefore, substantial scale-up of the operation is likely to take place in late 2018 and early 2019.
The purpose of the Logistics officer position is the day to day implementation of logistics functions in Cox’s Bazar for the Norwegian Refugee Council, in an effective and accountable manner.
- Implement proper recording and monthly reporting systems for all logistics activities including updated inventory
- Organize NRC fleet duty and schedule every week (car allocation for Cox’s Bazar staff)
- Prepare monthly reports on fuel consumption, driver’s overtime, and use of vehicles
- Collect items from the suppliers and ensure all following documents are in place (Goods Receiving Note (GRN), Work Certificate, receipts/invoices, etc.)
- Maintain and update all procurement and logistics tools according to NRC Logistic Guidelines at all-times including Contract Tracker, Procurement Tracking Sheet, Vendor Database, Assets Tracker, Stock Report (when NRC warehousing is up and running).
- Regularly inspect vehicles to ensure that all are in good working order and equipped according to NRC policy
- Order and maintain regular stock of office items, including stationery and hospitality items, safety equipment and ICT equipment
- 1 year minimum of experience from working as a Logistics or Procurement Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good level of English, written and spoken, mandatory
- Fluent in Bangla mandatory
- Knowledge of Cox’s Bazar markets, vendors, and logistics capacities (warehousing, road access, etc.) preferred
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability
- Commencement: November 2018
- Duration: initially 2 months, possibility of extending (dependent on funding)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade: 5 in the NRC Grade structure
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
Link to apply for position: https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/CvJobRespond1.aspx?oppdragsnr=395111263…