Position Name: Logistics Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-068
Department: Mission Support Department/ /General Support Section
Level: EU RESTRICTED**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Logistics Officer reports to the Head of General Support Services Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Perform the reception of goods and services supplied to the Mission;
· To prepare disposal and donation documents, and prepare documents for submission to the Asset Management Office and Property Survey Board;
· To oversee and actively manage the Mission’s receiving and inspection process, storage and issuing of items from various stores;
· To liaise with national customs authorities with regard to the clearance of Mission equipment, including facilitating smooth import of Mission equipment.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide service and technical reporting to the Head of General Support Section;
· To apply general logistics SOPs, policies, draft technical reports and implement operating instructions, guidelines and procedures regarding provision of assets and supplies;
· To provide logistical support to all personnel in regards to required assets to fulfil their tasks, such as computers, vehicles, furniture, telecommunications, stationary, etc.;
· To coordinate and manage the distribution and reallocation of all logistical resources provided for the region, ensuring systems in place for replacement and repair;
· To manage the provision of material and office space;
· To perform tasks related to building management, such as coordinate projects related to premises, construction, furniture, etc.;
· To update and maintain the asset management records and register in ERP system;
· To provide reports on logistical issues, proposing/recommending changes and improvements, ensuring accuracy;
· To identify needs of goods and/or services specifically required for its area of responsibility and to technically define the appropriate requirements of the means required to cover these needs and to participate, as appropriate, in the correspondent processes to procure these goods and services;
· To assist in managing and maintaining a comprehensive database of expendable and non-expandable items;
· To receive, review, analyse, assign, process and track certified requisitions submitted for procurement action;
· To draft technical specifications/terms of references, and as required perform other tender related activity like market surveys and participation in tender evaluation for procurement activities in his/her area of responsibility;
· To prepare and process finance and procurement documents for invoice handling, budget management, purchasing and procurement;
· To undertake any other related task as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree. The qualification should be in any of the fields of Transport, Logistics, Engineering, Administration or other related fields OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 4 years relevant professional experience, in the field of Transport, Logistics, Automotive Technology, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or any other related fields, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of current technologies for Warehousing, Supply Chain Management as well as Fleet Management;
· Awareness of different product and services markets and industrial business networks;
· Knowledge of the administrative and financial procedures used in organizations related to logistics and supply chain management;
· Ability to perform under stress and in difficult circumstances;
· Good command of spoken and written English including logistics related vocabulary;
· Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and electronic document management systems;
· Good computer skills able to keep electronic records, use electronic document management system;
· Driving licence type C1.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· International mission experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations, in a similar position.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiarity with logistics and supply chain related principles, rules and regulations used in international organisation or major NGOs;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
· Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
· Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
· Remains calm in stressful situations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…