Closing date:11 Oct 2018
Job Title:Logistics Supply Advisor
Duty station:Rome (Italy) with several site visits on the different missions (50%-50%)
Contract duration:Twelve (12) months
Reporting to:Logistics Unit Coordinator hierarchically and Head of Grants Control & Compliance Unit functionally
2.General purpose of the position
In strict collaboration with Grants Control & Compliance Unit is responsible for all supply aspects of HQ office and missions. Support ICT Referent on setting the supply INTERSOS Management Platform (IMP) and its dissemination and use in mission.
3.Main responsibilities and tasks
· Ensure that supply chain management procedures are in place according to INTERSOS standards and policies are respected
· Provide support and advice to Project Managers and staffs about procurement requests and plans
· Ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out in missions to guarantee understanding of availability and cost of local items
· Overview that accurate filing systems are maintained with records of procurement and logistics transactions for audit purposes and future reference
· Based on guidance from Grants Control & Compliance Unit and Internal Audit & Accountability develop and update procurement tools and Standard Operating Procedures according to INTERSOS standards
Support to HQ Logistics Unit
· Report the logistics issues detected at mission level
· Draft the Supply section of INTERSOS Logistics Manual
· In coordination with Logistics Unit, Grants Control & Compliance Unit and Internal Audit & Accountability revise processes of tenders procedures
· In collaboration with ICT Referent set the supply INTERSOS Management Platform (IMP) and its use in mission
· Support ICT Referent for problems resolution related to the use of IMP
· In coordination with Grants Control & Compliance Unit induct newly recruited staffs on procurement procedures
· Collaborate with Logistics Office to manage procurement for purchases at HQ level
· Ensure that list of suppliers in missions is regularly done
Support to missions
· With regular missions, support procurement process to guarantee transparency and efficiency and overview the compliance with procurement manual requirements
· Analyze and review project’s procurement plan providing advices, give suggestions to improve procurement process and support Grants Control & Compliance Unit to design Standard Operating Procedures
· Ensure that transmission of order is done regularly and timely, including stock levels and shipment status
· Overview that procurement processes are documented and filed for future reference
· Ensure that a sufficiently range of suppliers is assured in each missions to provide adequate competitive offers
· Analyze expenditures of missions to rationalize local purchases, reduce vendor risk and improve global procurement strategy
· Ensure that logistics and relevant program staffs are adequately trained and coached organizing a training plan in coordination with Logistics Unit and Grants Control & Compliance Unit. Train Head of Mission, Country Finance Coordinator, Logistics team and Project Managers on the use of IMP in order to implement INTERSOS procurement manual
· Alert Logistics Unit and Grants Control & Compliance Unit about critical procurement process, goods, works and services
· Provide support to specific procurement procedures (tender):
- needs assessment, definition of requirements and elaboration of technical details
- elaboration of documents (tenders notice, instruction, forms and declarations, schedule of price, bill of quantities BoQs, special conditions, etc.)
- coordination, leading and participation to evaluation committees
- report achievements and difficulties and give suggestions to improve supply process
· Any other tasks in order to support and improve the Logistics Unit and Grants Control & Compliance Unit and collaboration with other departments in HQ and missions
· Perform other related duties as required
4.Required profile and experience
A Master’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent working experience.
At least 3 years technical experience, including substantial field-based experience or similar.
· Deep understanding of the humanitarian context, including substantial working experience in primary emergency response;
· Commitment to develop a clear network about supply among all missions;
· Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex working situations on the field;
· Excellent team support and supervision skills;
· Demonstrated capacity to plan, design and write (together with Logistics Unit and Grants Control Unit) SOPs on Supply domains;
· Proven management skills with effective personal communication skills.
Proficient knowledge of English and French is required.
· Flexibility and ability to take initiative to adapt to changing circumstances;
· At least good knowledge and background about Supply’s platforms;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Positive attitude towards work and ability to work effectively within a team;
· Discreet and able to make good judgments about the flow of information;
· Ability and willingness to work in challenging programme locations.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and toapply, follow thelinkbelow:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line:“SR-00-685 – Logistics Supply Advisor – HQ Rome”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.