The citizens of sub-Saharan Africa or South Asian countries who have been accepted for the MSc Public Health for Development Course are encouraged to apply.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
Why at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine – The mission of the university is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.
- University or Organization:London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Course Level:Master degree level
- Scholarship Award:Tuition fees, a stipend of 16,950.00, and flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom
- Access Mode:Online
- Numbers of Award:Not known
- Nationality:Sub-Saharan African or South Asian
- Scholarship can be taken inthe UK
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries:Applicants must be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects:Scholarship is awarded to pursue Public Health for Development course.
- Eligibility Criteria:Who have been accepted in the MSc Public Health for Development course for 2019-20 academic year and have demonstrated a commitment to WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to apply:Applicants should follow these given two steps:
· Step 1: Submit an application for study for the MSc Public Health for Development, via the School’s Admissions portal.
· Step 2: Submit a Scholarship Application, via the School’s Online Scholarship Application, indicating that you are applying for the 2019-20 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents:A complete Curriculum Vitae (CV), and, a statement of the motivation of no more than 1,000 words
- Admission Requirements:Applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirement for the programme of their choice but who have relevant professional experience may still be eligible for admission.
- Language Requirement:English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language. Applicants must meet the School’s minimumEnglish Language Proficiency Requirementsif shortlisted for this funding.
- Deadline:The applications are accepted by midnight (BST) on Sunday 31 March 2019. The successful applicant and short-listed reserve candidates will be notified of the decision by 31 May 2019.
The winners will get full-time overseas tuition fees for 2019-20 (including the mandatory field trip fee), and flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return on expiry of the scholarship (to be booked by the Scholarships team in Registry), and a tax free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00.