Organization: Medical Teams International
*This will be a local national hire.
12 months (renewable subject to performance and funding)
Position Summary: The Maintenance and Fleet Officer will report to the Logistics Manager while discharging his/her duties on all project matters which includes availability of resource services throughout the project implementation cycle in the operation. The Maintenance and Fleet Officer is responsible for the functionality and upkeep of the project properties, office spaces, furniture and grounds at multiple program service locations and refugee sites. He / she is responsible for delivering timely, cost effective maintenance and improvement of the properties which includes buildings and structures, furniture and fittings, utility services and infrastructure and grounds. Particularly prioritizing medical and cold chain equipment repairs. Fleet movements and usage will be overseen by this role, in close collaboration with logs team, drivers, and programs team needs.
Medical Teams International Refugee Response Program – Kibondo, Tanzania
Medical Teams International provides life-saving medical care for people in crisis, such as survivors of natural disasters and refugees. Daring to love like Jesus, we care for all people – regardless of religion, nationality, sex or race. We believe every person – matter where they are or how desperate their situation – matters.
Beginning March 2018, MTI is operational in facility and community-based health services through privately funded projects, implementing direct services in partnership with TRCS in Mtendeli and Nyarugusu refugee camps in Kakonko and Kasulu districts. Additionally, MTI is piloting a health behavior change methodology engaging local faith leaders in Nyarugusu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Daily prioritizing and actioning of the MTI office premises, ensuring that the environment is conducive for operational functions to be discharged. The incumbent shall be responsible for following through to ensure that tasks are completed to a satisfactory standard.
● Work closely with fleet usage and coordination, ensuring new protocols for ambulance and non-urgent transportation is developed with relevant stakeholders and kept in good working order.
● Maintain medical and cold chain equipment in good working order, prioritizing life and medicine saving equipment.
● Work with existing logistics teams in partnership to build their capacity and train them in these repairs.
● Keep good logs of needs and repairs, maintaining tight and clear work order logs to be able to track progress and need for support.
● Work closely with the Logistics Manager ensuring that submitted operational orders have been delivered and are correct to the respective staff members
● Monitor the work of external contractors, following through to completion of each task in the office and any other designated locations
● Ensure the security and safety environment of the staff members is up to MTI standards.
● Responsible for ensuring the care of office environment and resources are maintained to a high standard as per MTI policy.
● Maintenance of utility services including water, gas, electricity, sewerage, drainage, and cleaning of the office premises, and track inventory of cleaning supplies and tools.
● Provide support and advice to all other staff on matters relating to property management, security and work safety issues
● Setting up venues for all staff members assemblies and staged events as directed by the senior members of the MTI team in the office; such as organizing for meetings and other events
● Work closely with the Administrative and Finance Officer on joinery, carpentry, repairing furniture, doors, locks, curtains, lights, and lock/unlock gates;
● Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures. Report all known and observed hazards to the Programme Manager
● Perform any other duties as required and assigned by the Program Manager
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
● Professional customer services, Diploma holder in Customer care, Administration or Social Sciences and capable of communicating in English and Swahili fluently in writing and speaking
● Minimum of 3 years in office maintenance responsibilities, administration roles and supervisions
● Experience and a proven track record of providing a property maintenance, inspection service and stock / inventory condition surveys.
● Have a strong client service and work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
● Ability to liaise effectively with other staff and to offer advice and support when required.
● Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage day-to-day workload with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player with proven management and leadership skills. *
Send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to:
Medical Teams International
Kibondo – Tanzania
Email : email@example.com
Please note: Only short-listed applicant(s) will be contacted.
Deadline for application is 10/29/2018
Medical Teams International is an equal opportunities employer.