Population Services International
# of Openings1
Posted Date10 hours ago
CategoryBusiness Development & External Relations
Position Location: City
Position Location: CountryUnited States
Job title:Major Gifts & Annual Giving Lead
Based in:Washington, DC
May include up to25%domestic and international travel
Reports to the Vice President, Global Fundraising
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Global Fundraising team sparks innovation within PSI by matching donors to high-impact projects and systems across the organization. In collaboration with colleagues across the globe, we identify and find funding for transformational projects and investments in global public health. We collaborate closely with corporations, private philanthropists, and foundations to conceptualize the future of global health and translate those visions into reality.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Major Gifts & Annual Giving Lead to play a critical role in leading and executing a compelling major gifts strategy, building out and amplifying this function whilst strengthening the Annual Giving program within the Global Fundraising Department. The Major Gifts & Annual Giving Lead will be responsible for creating new relationships with individual donors who have turned their support to PSI recently and solicit and close increased annual gifts and special transformation gifts.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for leading and managing a robust donor/prospect portfolio for major gifts donors and fostering annual giving within the Global Fundraising Department, working closely with Experiential Philanthropy team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and lead the strategy for prospecting and sales for five- to six-figure gifts from PSI’s existing donor pool and other high net-worth individuals, in coordination with Annual Giving and Experiential Philanthropy teams.
- Establish major gifts and annual giving goals and targets to guide priority activities.
Sales and prospecting
- Lead on implementing donor and prospecting identification and outreach.
- Make direct solicitation of five- to six-figure gifts from individuals across a wide geographic area, leading and supporting all aspects of prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation, and stewardship.
Relationship-building and stewardship
- Lead on designing the entire portfolio’s individual cultivation and stewardship plans and put these plans into practice.
- Lead the development and preparation of prospect and donor communications and collateral materials, incorporating inputs from multiple stakeholders.
- Efficient and skilled project management, ensuring activities are well executed, timely, and progress tracked.
- Identify, source, and oversee work products of external vendors and internal collaborators, as needed.
What are we looking for?**
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration:You can work independently but thrive within a team.
Trust:You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates.
Pragmatism:You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous, and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty:You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement:You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment:You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success
- You must have a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Fundraising qualification would be a big plus.
- You have 7-10 years’ experience and demonstrated success cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts and experience/knowledge of annual giving.
- You take initiative and are excellent at managing multiple workstreams.You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
- You thrive working independently and taking full ownership of assignments.
- You have outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including developing quality written products for a variety of formats.
- You love people and love to connect with them. You are able to interact with diverse personalities with a terrific sense of discretion and humor.
- You are detail oriented and enjoy shifting from big picture strategy to the details of project spreadsheets and timelines. Experience in events planning and coordination.
What would get us excited?
Sophisticated Communicator.You present yourself as an articulate, polished, and sophisticated individual and have experience interacting comfortably with high-level individuals and groups, including persons of high wealth. You listen carefully as well as give advice and respect the abilities of others. You are transparent and share openly.
Team Player:You like to work closely with a team and across teams and can navigate a matrix of reporting lines and responsibilities to achieve common objectives; you foster collaboration and support your colleagues.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.