Mama Cash Grants: Mama Cash wants to change the world and therefore invests in women who, in spite of the dangers, believe in ideals and struggle for justice and change.
Mama Cash supports women’s rights groups and organisations in Africa.
- General support grants – The grants allows organisations to fulfil the basic conditions for their activities by paying for office costs, staff costs, volunteers and capacity building of the organisation.
- Project grant – This is for costs directly related to a specific project that the group initiated and organises.
- Travel grants – The grants are for individuals part of women’s rights organisations to attend trainings, conferences, linking and learning events which will help the organisation to build their knowledge and capacities in the area of their activities and to strengthen their network.Mama Cash supports women’s groups and organisations around the world that:
- Promote women’s human rights and advance positive change for women in law, policies and practices
- Are led by women, and where the majority of staff members are women
- Have limited access to larger funding sources because they are small, new, or working on issues considered risky or taboo
- Are strengthening women’s rights in ways that are innovative, groundbreaking, taboobreaking, and pioneering;
- Apply for amounts within Mama Cash’s funding range: between € 500 and € 20,000 per year.Criteria: Mama Cash’s grants to women’s rights groups concentrates on five areas:
– Bodily integrity
– Economic justice
– Peace and security
-Agency and participation
-Art, culture and media.
Only applications that fulfil the criteria and fit in with the policy for the region in question will be considered.
Mama Cash does not offer scholarships or grants to individual women.
Applications received by 31 March
Information regarding application details can be found at; Mama Cash Grants Website