Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Role Overview:
The successful candidate, working within Financial Management will support the Director of Financial Management as well as relevant Project managers in the oversight of project financial reporting and financial system administration. Using strong communications skills and analytical analysis you will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, partners and clients.
The role will be responsible for assisting in the review of project finance and accounts, budgets for accuracy, creating budget narratives, researching cost information and responding to financial requests as needed.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Financial Management are:
* Building understanding of projects through extensive business partnering;
* Liaising with Pricing & Value Analytics team;
* Ensuring Profit and Loss, balance sheet and headcount plans are accurately recorded in the system;
* Establishing budget baseline and performing statistical trend analysis;
* Oversight in all elements of forecasting, planning and reporting.
The role reports to the Director, Financial Management. Reporting requirements include:
* Attendance at all team meetings as required;
* Regular updates with the manager.
The role will form part of the EMEA region and will be based in the Bristol office;
* The role will form part of the Financial Management Team, and will work directly with technical Practice Areas, Business Development and Operations Teams.
* The role carries a degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation with manager.
Minimum education and experience required
* Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred;
* ACCA / CIMA / equivalent
* Experience in project accounting and revenue recognition preferred.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
* Good organisational and planning skills;
* Strong writing and communication skills;
* High standard of written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines;
* Advanced Excel skill level.
* The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments;
* The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation;
* Developing and using collaborative relationships;
* Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation’s success;
* The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.