Organization: Good Shepherd International Foundation
Job Description and Person Specification
Job title: India Mission Development Manager
Hiring organisation: Society of the Good Shepherd Sisters Nagpur, India.
Location: Nagpur, India
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualification
Travel: up to 50% of the time
The Congregation of Our Charity of the Good Shepherd (OLCGS) was founded in France in 1835 and it now present in 73 countries worldwide. The mission of the OLCGS is to address issues affecting women and girls, with particular emphasis on poverty, human trafficking, forced migration, gender inequality, domestic violence and religious intolerance. OLCGS adopts a rights based approach which emphasis on the dignity and empowerment of women and girls.
In India, the sisters work mainly in protection and empowerment programs targeting Dalit and Tribal women as well as those oppressed by the society.
We currently seek the services of an experienced manager to lead the Mission Development Office (MDO) with the following functions:
Management/ Coordination Functions
· Overall responsibility for the successful leadership and management of the Mission Development Office-CEI including staff and operations.
· Overall responsibility to coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Strategic Plan for the MDO-CEI 2014-2019 under the supervision and in collaboration with the Board of CEI ; drive the on-going review and development of next strategic planning process in 2020
· Foster effective team work between GSIF-Rome, Asia Pacific MDO, the MDO-CEI Board and the project sites.
· Oversee the collection of necessary information and data for overall management of National and International grants, prepare proposals and budgets, manage applications and coordinate with local MoUs, M&E and narrative and finance reporting.
· Collect all project proposals responding to the funding needs identified in the Funding Plan included in the National Strategic Plan from CEI and apply to national and international donors, monitoring for synergy with donor requirements and present these to the Board for approval.
· In conjunction with the Province Coordinator in CEI develop an operational annual plan which incorporates goals and objectives in line with the strategic plan.
· Supervise the planning, implementation and evaluation of the funded projects related to Social Action Ministries (SAM) in CEI Province and oversee in conjunction with the M&E/Program Coordinator, the planning, implementation and evaluation of the funded projects related to Social Action Ministries (SAM) of CEI Province.
· In conjunction with the Province Coordinator and respective accountants, assess financial needs of ministries for funding, planning and develop joint plans and budgets for approval.
· Oversee timely narrative and financial reporting for active grants both nationally and internationally.
· Meet half yearly for planning and co-ordination with the MDO-CEI Board.
· Meet quarterly with Province Coordinator & Program Coordinators of CEI Province.
· In conjunction with the CEI Province Coordinator, identify needs of staff and engage training providers for training.
· In collaboration with the Justice and Peace Commission of the Province and based on the Board’s inputs, prepare a national Advocacy Plan integrated in the MDO-CEI Strategic Plan.
· Oversee research and data on priority issues identified in the Strategic Plan for advocacy initiatives at national level and liaise with CEI Province Coordinator to gather data to implement a national advocacy plan, prepare advocacy position papers and advocacy initiatives.
· Liaise with Justice & Peace commission of CEI Province to coordinate advocacy statements and implementation at national level and feed these to the Good Shepherd International Offices in New York and Geneva (UPR report, CEDAW reports, CRC Reports, SDGs, etc.).
· Develop a national communication strategy integrated in MDO-CEI Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Province Coordinator. Work closely with a web designer and the sisters to create a website for the MDO-CEI and mentor the sisters in content management for website and the Social Media.
· Based on the funding plan included in the MDO-CEI Strategic Plan, prepare a Fundraising Plan including donor mapping (using ad hoc data bases and directories) and donor cultivation at national and international level in collaboration with MDO-Rome and MDO-Asia Pacific Regional Manager; Establish relationships with national and international bilateral and multi-lateral organisations in-country (UN, EC, USAID, etc) private corporations and develop an individual donors’ base to mobilize programs, resources for capital campaigns and project’s suport; Research, analyse and prepare briefs on programs, policies and grants opportunity run by Indian government institutional donors (UN bodies or int. NGOs) on a regular basis.
· Organize 3 fundraising events each year.
· Ensure the submission of funding application and raise grants for the mission development from the Corporate Sectors under the CSR.
· Ensure the submission of funding application to institutional donors (Government, UN Bodies or International NGOs) for the GS Mission.
· Responsible for putting together the consolidated narrative as well as financial reports for the local/international projects using appropriate tools.
· Create linkages with Government Departments/other Institutions for collaborations whatever necessary.
• Carry out any other work assigned by the MDO-CEI Board. .
Qualifications and skills
• An advanced degree in social sciences, or other related degree
• 5+ years of experience managing projects/program at national or international level on community development and/or civil society projects.
• Previous experience or understanding of the NGO sector and social work in India
• Proven project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and/or working for a national/international organization in India
• Grant writing and grants management, Project Cycle Management; grant seeking, impact evaluation and baseline data collection.
• Solid leadership and staff management and soft skills, with a record of managing diverse teams with people different backgrounds
• Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills;
• Excellent writing skills particularly for grant-seeking and reporting;
• A record of accomplishment that demonstrates energy and creativity, and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing priorities.
• A background in research, analysis, and policy, with a track record of developing strategies
• Demonstrated success in financial planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
• Ability to link with key stakeholders for advocacy and networking functions;
• Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), E-mail, and Internet browser software.
• Strong English skills (spoken and written) and fluency in national languages (Marathi, Hindi, Telegu and other languages)
• Experience with remote management is an asset
• Experience working with faith based organization is an asset
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with three references to Sr. Sabina Pathrose at email@example.com by 10 October 2018.