Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 11 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002through the Stichting BRAC International, which is registered in the Netherlands. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In January 2018, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the third consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
This key position is responsible for providing technical leadership in the field of Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in BRAC Afghanistan. Major responsibilities include developing and institutionalising a common monitoring framework, systems and tools for Country; building the capacity of relevant staff; preparing the M&E component of country strategic and operational plans; ensuring that Country meets organisational M&E standards; and developing and establishing mechanisms for learning and sharing lessons learned across the organisation.
Job Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
· Implement a comprehensive strategy of monitoring programs that identifies strategic questions, obtains appropriate information, and reports information in a meaningful way.
· Provide input to various stakeholders (researchers, Programme Managers, donors, senior management) for impact assessment and other plans, including results framework, indicators, baseline and target values.
· Strengthen the monitoring setup in country and create and maintain an efficient data collection system and database of the results and progress of project activities.
· Conduct data analysis and prepare report.
· Develop reporting plan and required templates
· Design, supervise and / or conduct special studies and assessments.
· Contribute to management through timely processing and dissemination of monitoring finding and best practices to facilities evidence- based planning, learning and program decision- making.
· Monitor activities against the benchmark indicators set in the M&E framework.
· Monitoring and capacity building of relevant staff to functioning monitoring and reporting mechanism in the organisation.
· Undertake periodic review of the implementation and operation of the monitoring and reporting mechanism.
· Coordinate with the researchers in two way feedback on mentoring and evaluation results.
Educational Requirements:Masters in statistics, social science or development studies from a recognised university.
· Understanding of technical, social and institutional issues relating to global development programs;
· Conceptual understanding of how to manage effective monitoring and evaluation functions in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
· Practical knowledge on dealing with MIS and software driven various database systems including application of statistical tools; Confidence on learning dissemination and knowledge management.
· Excellent presentation, communication and report writing skills in English;
· Good conceptual, analytical and representational skills;
· Computer skills on MS office (word, excel, power point);
· Strong knowledge of IT applications and development– especially SPSS, database, and familiarity with web-based platforms and applications.
· Self-motivated and pro-active, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, team building attitude, ability to work in a dynamic environment, demonstrate gender and cultural awareness.
· Ability to work with people from different background and cultural customs
· High moral integrity, impartiality and discretion with proven ability to work and act with discretion in a politically sensitive and challenging environment
Experience Requirements: At least 7 years professional experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and 3 years’ experience in leadership role with development organisation. Work experience in Afghanistan will be an added value.
Employment type: Contractual
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidatesneed to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidatesneed to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 1/2019 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 19, 2019