At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Do you have experience working in a fast-paced operating environment to develop and execute on procurement policy? If you, you may be our next Manager, Procurement and Operations.
Reporting to the Director, Global Operations, the Manager, Procurement and Operations provides guidance and executes on organization-wide needs as they relate to procurement across the Global Operations team’s areas of work, including technical assistance, policy development and systems building. In their first months in the role, the Manager, Procurement and Operations will be tasked with developing procurement process standards across US offices and supporting LMH’s COVID-19 response, specifically to oversee the procurement of personal protective equipment, among other commodities. A successful candidate in this role is expected to help reduce the time required to complete US and international procurements and improve the quality, value, and cost of goods and services procured.
LMH will be hiring one candidate for this position with the flexibility for the role to be based in either our Boston or New York office.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the procurement strategy lead globally
- Work with country offices to design and implement in-country initiatives that will improve organization-wide procurement performance in collaboration with country teams
- Develop relationships at all levels of the organization to better understand and align with business strategy and direction
- Lead the roll-out of online procurement and inventory tracking modules in LMH’s ERP
- Assist in the ongoing development and expansion of an organizational procurement strategy that adheres to industry-standard procurement policies
- Critically review and drive improvement in processes for purchase orders, vendor selection, and systems to create a modern procurement function
- Develop sourcing initiatives and cost reduction strategies to assist the organization in delivering measurable cost savings through forecasting and planning
- Skillfully negotiate agreements in a timely manner, manage tough vendor situations and sensitive relationships ensuring value and minimizing risk
- Ensure adherence to rules, policies, and procedures prescribing the manner in which goods and services may be procured
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing scalable procurement processes with an understanding of international best practices
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment – willing to wear many hats and be hands on in both process development and ongoing execution of the purchasing function
- Strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with cost modeling and other related analyses
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data (including quantitative modeling, data analysis, business case analysis, study design)
- Robust understanding of the design and execution of inventory control systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong & effective relationships in a multicultural and often remote work environment
- Exceptional ability to work independently, setting and achieving ambitious targets with limited guidance, managing competing and sometimes shifting priorities, often under tight deadlines
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have previously provided procurement or supply chain support to country offices while based in the US
- You have worked and have understanding of procurement and supply chain challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa
- You have experience in supply chain, shipping, distribution, and inventory management
- You have experience leading quantification and forecasting exercises
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Boston, Liberia, Malawi, and New York. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
For the Boston location, please use this application link:https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/lr8qeuzhTH/Manager-Procureme…
For the New York location, please use this application link:https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/yUu5Q7AXw8/Manager-Procureme…
We look forward to hearing from you.