Vice-Chancellor Scholarships (Non-EU Students only)
Course Level:Taught (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Provider:Manchester Metropolitan University
Country to Study in:UK
Manchester Metropolitan University (alsoMMU, Man Met or Manchester Met) provides a range of university-wide undergraduate and postgraduate funding which international students are able to apply for, including alumni discounts and faculty-specific discounts.
Manchester Met offers theVice-Chancellor Scholarshipsfor students who are citizens of countries from outside the European Union and intending to pursue either a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Man Met.
Manchester Met is making a limited number of theseVice-Chancellor scholarshipsavailable for the current academic year. The scholarships are open to international students who enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme.
You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for tuition fee purposes)
- and have been offered a place on a taught course starting in September 2019 or January 2020
- and are not currently registered on a course at Manchester Met
Other Eligibility criteria:
- In order to apply, applicants must have accepted an unconditional or a conditional firm offer for a course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- If a student holds a conditional offer and applies for the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship, the scholarship can only be awarded once the offer conditions have been met.
- Applicants who defer their studies will not be eligible for the 2019/2020 scholarship.
- The scholarship award is limited to Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught course applicants only.
- Scholarships are only available for new Manchester Metropolitan University students who are classed as overseas students and are required to pay full overseas tuition fees. Current students moving from one course to another arenoteligible for the scholarship.
If you meet the above criteria, you can download the Application Form (see below). Please note, this scholarship cannot be combined with any other financial support from Manchester Met.
Please also see the official website (link to it is below) for full terms and conditions for further eligibility criteria
Citizens of all Non-EU countries
Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, England
Fields of study
All taught undergraduate level and taught postgraduate level courses offered at Manchester Met
Number of awards
Not specified — Manchester Met will make a limited number of scholarships available
Grant is applied for the whole duration of study
The scholarship value is £5,000*. The award will be deducted directly from tuition fees owed to the University. The scholarship is for the first year of academic study only.
*The scholarship amount quoted relates to the 2019/20 academic year and may change for the 2020/21 academic year.
Method of Application
In order to apply for the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship, you must have accepted an unconditional or a conditional firm offer for a course at Manchester Metropolitan University. If you hold a conditional offer, you cannot be awarded this scholarship until you meet offer conditions. Kindly complete the onlineapplication form.
It is important to read the complete2019/20 Terms and Conditions, and also to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on applying for this scholarship
For courses starting in September 2019, the deadline for receipt of applications is19 May 2019. For courses starting in January 2020, the deadline for receipt of applications is17 October 2019.
Students will be notified in June 2019 if their application has been successful for courses starting in September, or in November 2019 for courses starting in January.
If an application is successful, applicants must confirm that they accept the award within 14
Manchester Metropolitan University(often referred to asMMU,Man MetorManchester Met) is a public university located in Manchester, England. It was established in 1970 as Manchester Polytechnic and gained university status in 1992. Its headquarters and central campus are in the city of Manchester, and there are additional facilities in Cheshire. The university has its roots in the Manchester Mechanics’ Institution (1824) and the Manchester School of Design (1838).
Application Deadline:19 May / 17 Oct 2019
Open to International Applicants:Yes