Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We are in an exciting time at Plan International as we are implementing our global strategy for 2017-2022. Our overall strategy defines who we are, why we exist, the change we want to see in the world, and how we are going to help make it happen. It underpins everything we do, guides all of our work in all regions of the federation. To have a greater impact on children’s lives, we are radically changing the way we operate. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead the operations of our country, bring about change and deliver results that transform the lives of 100 million girls around the world.
Plan International Mano River Cluster counting Senegal and Guinea-Bissau are putting their effort together in helping vulnerable children, young people and their families to break the cycle of poverty. Plan International is a well-known and respected player in children and girls’ rights in Senegal and Guinea-Bissau with a strong community presence and expertise in gender transformative programming. For fiscal year 2020, almost thirty-five million euros (€ 35,000,000) with four hundred thirty (430) employees are expected to be impacted by our programs.
As part of the global ambition of achieving efficiency in the implementation of effective work processes clearly defined in all functional areas, well-articulated and understood by the staff, the introduction of global management standards contextualized and regularly followed for continuous improvement including the establishment of a mechanism for sharing resources and joint capacity-building requires mandatory full membership and full identification of staff in the organization.
The Head of Operations is responsible for leading and managing functional areas of administration & logistics, IT, Communication, internal control, legal and risk management, through the development and implementation of strategies to ensure adequate control of resources, transparency and optimal operational performance of the Mano River Cluster in particular Plan International Senegal and Plan International Guinea Bissau. S/he will support the delivery of quality and integrated programming in line with the organizational standards, frameworks and procedures. S/He will design the frameworks for excellence in shaping and leading the shared service approach and in service delivery through a clear strategy aligned with the country orientation and Plan’s procedures.
As part of the broader organisational effort to transform to achieve greater impact, the Mano River Cluster is going through a transformational change and strategy development process. This process requires leadership of the Head of Operations and experience in change management. The organization is committed to meeting safeguarding expectations across all its operations and will expect the Head of Operations to ensure all incidents regarding child abuse and sexual harassment are reported and effectively managed.
Do you have what it takes?
As a Mano River Cluster Head of Operations, you must ensure managers and staff expectations are effectively managed and enhanced through an effective and efficient Business planning processes, leading a high performing team, ensuring accountability for meeting demanding targets and maintaining alignment with the management standards for each Mano River country (Senegal and Guinea Bissau ):
- You will lead and manages the performance of the heads of operations teams of the MRC (Finance, Admin & IT) ensuring compliance of Plan local and global policies, procedures and guidelines and effective integration and support with/across other functional areas.
- You will manage and develop the performance of the team across Mano River Cluster to ensure delivery of quality support and services. This includes agree, monitor and evaluate individual accountability and personal development plans as per Plan’s performance management policy and process.
- You will support the Mano-river Cluster Country Directors by contributing to a networked model and the sharing of lessons learned and supporting continuous improvement in the operations areas within the cluster.
- You will lead on strategies aimed at optimising administrative operations in support of Mano River Countries Strategy implementation.
- You will coordinate the preparation, consolidation, analysis and submission of regional office, Mano River countries as per field budget instructions and guidelines;
- You will design innovative business solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Plan operations in the countries.
- You will ensure full project costings, and maximizing cost recovery from donors to ensure fully funded interventions and review of financial reporting prepared for submission to donors to ensure it is accurate and on time;
- You will support the Mano River Core Leadership Team in preparation of funding requests and communicating other business plans to the regional office;
- You will ensure that systems and processes are in place to comply with Plan global policies, standards and procedures and legal requirements in the areas of finance, administration & logistics and IT.
- You will facilitate internal and external audit missions and ensure audit follow up and action lists are addressed in a timely manner, ensure that the Organization learns from audits and reviews so as to continuously improve its operations.
- You will lead administrative & logistics, IT and Communication systems and ensure that they are in place to effectively support the organisational needs.
- You will oversee the in-countries rollout of corporate systems and applications including YODA and other corporate applications;
- You will ensure the effective implementation of Core Standards (CS1 – Creating a safeguarding environment; CS4 – Awareness, Communication and Education on Plan’s Commitment to Safeguarding; CS6- Reporting and Responding to Safeguarding Concerns)
For a detailed job description, please click on the below link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sje138id7qcyqx2/MRC%20Head%20of%20Operations%2…
Location: Guinea Bissau – Accompanied posting
Type of Role: 2 year FTC
Reports to: Director, Mano River Cluster
Salary: Competitive Salary and package available
Closing Date: 30th August 2020
*Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.***
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. **
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme*. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.* **
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas. **
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion. **
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link: