JSI seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Director for the USAID Frontier Health Markets Activity One: Private Sector Flagship. This will be a full-time position based in the Washington, DC office. The M&E Director will serve as the focal point for monitoring and evaluation, research, and program learning in support of FHM’s efforts to improve the functioning of local health markets, increase public-private collaboration for voluntary family planning and other health areas, and ensure the private sector contribution is systematic, complementary, and enhances countries’ ability to fortify and diversify their healthcare delivery. S/he will lead efforts to generate evidence, innovation, and learning to optimize private sector health system delivery and integration globally. S/he will work closely with all directors to ensure the integration of M&E and Knowledge Management (KM) activities across core and country programs. The M&E Director will lead FHM’s vast network of technical experts in a variety of areas crucial to measurement, research, and learning in order to ensure local health systems utilize a total market approach that is both comprehensive and sustainable.
- Design, through consultation, a research, M&E, and learning strategy for collection and use of strategic information on FHM;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) plan, which outlines key activities around stakeholder engagement, identifying and addressing knowledge gaps, fostering adaptive management, and sharing and applying new evidence and learning;
- Develop and apply standards and mechanisms to ensure overall technical quality of evidence-related activities including: strategic planning, project planning, performance monitoring plans (PMPs), performance monitoring, assessments, research, and evaluation;
- Coordinate the overall portfolio of M&E and CLA-related activities, ensuring the effective use of human and knowledge resources and driving adaptive management and iteration where relevant;
- Support the design and implementation of KM systems that enable effective data capture, organization, and sharing amongst stakeholders to inform decisions on private sector and health market policies, programs, and systems as well as contribute to a broader evidence base around total market approaches to healthcare delivery;
- Work with technical and program leads and FHM partners and collaborators to define strategies, theories of change, and embedded and stand-alone research activities in support of FHM’s efforts to improve public-private collaboration for voluntary family planning and other health areas, including maternal, newborn and child health, malaria, TB, other infectious diseases, and HIV/AIDS;
- With senior colleagues, lead the translation of learning from research and evaluation into global, national, and local policies and programs, representing FHM at global and country fora;
- Ensure that all data collection is high-quality and adheres to ethical standards;
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between the technical team, M&E team, and F&O teams as well as country and core programs; and
- Supervise the M&E team.
- Minimum of 15 years of international public health experience with a focus on high-quality design and implementation of M&E systems and use of data to improve program performance and policies, and an advanced degree in a related field such as public health, data science, or health policy;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, including mentoring and capacity building, and strong communications and interpersonal skills;
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing large and/or complex M&E-related activities;
- Demonstrated leadership working with other global health experts and policy makers, including strategy development and execution for large-scale, complex global health programs;
- Open mindset and a history of using innovative approaches, with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and leadership skills; and
- Deep understanding of advanced principles, theories, techniques, and methods of research and M&E, including qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online at https://careers.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobdescription.cfm?id=133410…