Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Closing date: 02 Oct 2018
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: Nutrition, Food, Security and Livelihood, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster Risk Reduction Management, Advocacy and Good Governance.
The MOVE-UP 3 Project Consortium led by CARE Netherlands, in partnership with Action Against Hunger and Plan International will implement a 24-month project with the objective to ‘increase the preparedness and risk reduction capacities of the local populations and government units through the replication and scaling up of interrelated urban resilience strategies on alternative temporary shelters (ATS) and livelihoods (including social protection and risk transfer), in hazard-prone, urban poor communities in Metro Manila, in Cebu City in the Visayas and Cotabato City in Mindanao. To support and implement the M&E related activities under MOVE-UP 3 project Action Against Hunger will hire an M&E manager. The M&E manager will be located in Quezon city at CARE office and will be a member of the Consortium Management Group. The M&E manager is responsible for all monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of the project. She/he coordinates with the project team and partners on common M&E platforms and learning initiatives. She/he leads the project team in setting up systems and mechanisms for monitoring the project’s indicators, deliverables and gathering community feedback. The manager provides guidance to the project team in collecting, reporting and analysing monitoring data with the participation of communities, LGUs/DRRMCs and other relevant stakeholders engaged in the project. She/he is responsible for reporting on the status of the project’s performance indicators to the Consortium Coordinator and project Steering Committee.
- University degree, preferably in international development, statistics, social sciences, demography, or related field; master’s degree a plus.
- Technical Knowledge: MEAL systems management, Participatory Management, Advocacy, Conflict Resolution, Solutions-result-focused designs, Writing Skills, understands DRR systems, previous exposure and experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, ideally in the context of disaster preparedness, emergency response and/ or in rural Development sector. At least five years of humanitarian experience and/or in DRR project implementation/programming
- Specific Objectives: Knowledgeable in Project Cycle Management – M&E, Learning and Accountability, Reporting, Representation and Coordination, Managing of project-specific Admin, HR, and Logistic matters, Safety and Security.
- Excellent English and Filipino speaking and writing skills required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should send:
updated CV and letter of motivation in a single file
salary expectations and availability
Please send your application citing PH 59 – M&E Manager – Manila as the subject of your email to email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org before 02 October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department **
For the final job offer, it will be necessary to present all the professional experience certificates.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among female and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.