Organization: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid
Closing date: 18 Sep 2018
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-Sectoral Program for refugees in Kyangwali settlement (Hoima district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district) and Matanda Transit Center (Kanungu district). HIJRA, in a strategy to expand existing program implementing team, is now seeking for a qualified person willing to offer Humanitarian services in the position of M&E/Quality Assurance Manager to be based in Kampala (50%) and Field Offices (50%).
The post holder will be responsible to the Country Program Manager.
- Design monitoring and evaluation plans for Livelihoods, community service & Development, protection and WASH programmes.
- Track and update the Monitoring Plans, review and set targets, and report on indicators to the program heads and donors in a timely manner;
- Design Performance Monitoring Plans and ensure timely collection of accurate data and reporting to program managers, stakeholders and donors.
- Maintain and keep up to date the project monitoring and evaluation database.
- Design, conduct, analyze and report high quality formative research to support program design, materials development, and re-planning.
- Provide technical assistance in data collection, analysis, and report writing, prepare work plans and budgets for monitoring and evaluation
- Prepare proposals for WASH, Livelihoods, community development and Protection projects.
- Design and provide training in monitoring, evaluation and data interpretation and utilization.
- Managing the M & E systems for the organization’s programs to ensure greater learning, more responsive programming and greater accountability.
- Preparing and implementing annual, quarterly and monthly monitoring and evaluation plans for the programmes.
- Generating reports and analyses that enable program management to make informed decisions.
- Guiding the M&E team in preparing for baseline surveys, rapid assessments, weekly progress updates, 4W matrix updates and Project evaluation reports.
- Ensuring that the quality and quantity of the program activities being delivered are in accordance with the obligations prescribed.
- Uploading progress data in Measure and ensuring that MESURE is fully operational and is regularly maintained to produce timely real time reports.
- Developing and maintain proper filing system in both hard and soft form
- Ensure that accountability and complaint mechanism are established through beneficiary hotlines and functional across all the programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external communication system.
- Ensure that all the relevant programmes are implemented in line with the donor requirement and are responsive to the set standards.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Conduct budget monitoring in conjunction with project monitoring
- Any other tasks as assigned by your line manager
Competencies, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Economics/Statistics, Development studies, Social Science, M & E or related field.
· A Master’s degree in an M&E Field will be an added advantage.
· 5 years’ demonstrable experience in programmatic monitoring and evaluation.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
· Willingness to learn and develop new skills; self-driven with a high sense of quality and ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Strong data management and analysis skills including familiarity with Excel, MS Access, Epi info, Stata and SPSS. Experience maintaining computerized databases a plus.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to produce accurate and customized reports to donors while meeting deadlines
· Proven technical skills in data management, M&E and assessment with experience related to monitoring and evaluation of projects with a humanitarian emergency response focus is required.
· Previous experience in one or more of the following technical areas: protection services delivery; community service & development, livelihoods, or capacity building.
· Strong understanding of institutional donor rules and regulations for Quality and M&E.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Has to be productive and creative.
· High standards of ethics and integrity
Qualified National Candidates are requested to submit an Application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and emails contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Applications, addressed to the:
Country Program Manager
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief AID (HIJRA)
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda
Should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read M&E/Quality Assurance Manager.
Applications must be submitted not later than close of business on 18th September, 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more information regarding the organization please visit our website www.hijra.or.ke. HIJRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of this position. Those who previously applied need not to re-apply.