Organization:Save the Children
Since August 2017, over 700,000 Rohingya refugees have fled large-scale, systematic violence and human rights abuses in Northern Rakhine State, Myanmar, and settled in makeshift camps in the Ukhiya and Teknaf sub-districts of Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Approximately 55% of this new influx are children (UNHCR Population Factsheet, August 2018). After a dangerous journey, children have experienced and remain vulnerable to violence, abuse, exploitation, and neglect. Child protection authorities and agencies provide a range of support to Rohingya adolescents (aged 13-17 years), including adolescent friendly spaces, adolescent clubs, and life skills programmes etc.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the MEAL TA, Senior MEAL Manager and wider MEAL team to carry out their roles and responsibilities to support the Rohingya Response.
The overall function of the Rohingya Response MEAL team is to:
· Collect, process, analyse and share monitoring data to support course corrective decision-making for response interventions and improve programme quality; as well as evaluate the outcomes of programmes with a particular focus on Integration;
· Evaluate prioritised aspect of our Response as per donor commitments and Save the Children’s new humanitarian evaluation synthesis approach;
· Establish and maintain an accountability system in line with the Core Humanitarian Standard, which enables children and communities to (i) be informed about our mandate, the nature of our response and their entitlements, (Ii) contribute to decisions about the design and implementation of our activities, and (iii) provide and receive timely, appropriate responses to complaints and feedback about our interventions, which will help improve the response; and
· Ensure that the organisation documents and learns from its experiences during the response, in line with the Rohingya Response Learning Agenda.
I month with a possibility of extension
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Graduate degree in a relevant subject – ideally also a postgraduate degree
· Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in MEAL, especially monitoring, including in large-scale, complex emergencies generating high volumes of data where technical capacity of MEAL staff is varied and coordination between MEAL/sector teams is a challenge
· Ability to create and implement MEAL plans and IPTTs based on logframes and other reporting requirements and support junior colleagues to do so
· Strong experience in collecting, processing, analysing and reporting on quantitative and qualitative data and supporting junior colleagues to do so – including ability to troubleshoot Kobo-related issues
· Ability to contribute to Awards reporting from a MEAL perspective in a timely and accurate manner
· Ability to manage team workplans in contexts where workload is high and priorities shift frequently
· Ability to hit the ground running and work on own initiative – but also be comfortable asking for support where needed in a timely manner
· Highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
· Strong team player, with the desire and ability to take initiative to pick us tasks outside official responsibilities and support the MEAL TA and Senior MEAL Manager to keep the team motivated during a challenging time
· Bengali language ability
· Experience of working in Bangladesh
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found atwww.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply using the linkhttps://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply/details?jid=11161