Duration : 1 year
Start date : 01-Jan-2021
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
providing overall leadership in setting up an overall M&E framework/system for the project. This position will be responsible for all M&E related activities including collection, analysing relevant data and reporting on MEAL.
Key activities in your role will include
- Project Cycle Management
- Plan and develop M&E system and tools in coordination with thematic specialists and in line with approved project documents
- Lead or facilitate the collection of baseline and endline data and ongoing data collection and analysis and M&E reporting, including other project related surveys as required
- Ensure that Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning results (ex. community feedback, reflection sessions) are used for continual programme improvement
- Develop and use knowledge management tools in project management and recommends revisions to project indicators and milestones as appropriate
- Extract and analyse relevant findings from project updates/reports/studies for their implications to programming and disseminates these to appropriate audiences in reader-friendly formats
- Lead and develop ToR for external evaluation and program reviews planned under the project and ensure timely completion of evaluation and quality reporting
- Review and provide feedback on monitoring data submitted by the project
- Learning and Accountability
- Design gender, age and ability friendly community-based feedback mechanisms in collaboration with community members, including a system to effectively and confidentially manage complaints
- Lead in the gathering, sharing, consolidation and dissemination of lessons from community members, LGUs and relevant stakeholders
- Share information in age, gender and culturally appropriate formats (internal and external, including with beneficiaries) to promote transparency throughout all stages of project implementation
- Develop and implement systems and plans for enabling active and meaningful beneficiary engagement and participation across all stages of the project
- Provide project data/information to consortium coordinator on agreed schedules
- Gather information and document evidence-based good practices, lessons learned for programming and advocacy
- Design and conduct studies, assessments, and learning activities in coordination with project team and consortium coordinator
- Maintain or create partnerships with government and non-government agencies for participatory action researches and evaluation in support to evidence-based advocacy work
- Prepare monthly M&E report and ad-hoc M&E report as requested by Consortium Coordinator
- Ensure timeliness collection, analysis of monitoring data, and archiving of supporting document, reports and assessment/surveys such as Source of Verifications (SoVs) and justification final reports
- Representation and Coordination
- Hold regular meetings with the project team and update on M&E progress
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders and consortium partners as needed and requested by line manager
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key project partners, LGUs and communities
- Ensure relevant project information are shared with stakeholders and partners in coordination and consultation with consortium coordinator
- Participate in the program review and coordination meetings as requested by the Head of Project and Action Against Hunger Country Director
- Managing of Project-Specific Admin, HR, Logistics matters
- Ensure the supervision and control of expenses related to M&E related activities, if any
- Coordinate the budget forecast and follow up and participate in the design of new budgets
- Ensure the application of Action Against Hunger’s Log Kit forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, developing PPP, procurement, transportation etc (Only related to AAH’s M&E related budget and activities)
- Comply with HR policies and systems established in AAH mission
- Ensure Action Against Hunger’s admin and finance procedures are followed (Only related to Action Against Hunger’s M&E related budget and activities)
- Safety and Security
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the designated Action Against Hunger security officer.
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to designated Action Against Hunger Security Officer.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- University degree, preferably in international development, statistics, social sciences, demography, or related field; master’s degree a plus.
- Technical knowledge:
- MEAL systems management
- Able to assess; design/plan; and implement participatory and inclusive MEAL frameworks and mechanisms that are able to adapt and evolve based on programme progress
- Participatory management – Able to involve staff, partners, and communities (girls, boys, men, women and marginalized groups) in participatory and inclusive monitoring
- Advocacy – Builds ownership and support for the project and promotes learning to stakeholders. Is able to use community feedback and input to inform programming and ways forward for the project and learning pieces.
- Conflict Resolution – Correctly identifies the causes of conflict and fosters joint problem-solving using effective negotiation and mediation skills.
- Solutions- result -focused – Designs user-friendly tools and guides, effectively analyses information, and provides effective and quality-assured solutions.
- Writing Skills – Writes clear, effective, and gender-aware reports. This includes designing report templates and guides (with participation of project staff); coordinating reports preparation; processing and consolidation of project data and reports.
- Understands DRR systems, laws in the country
- Previous exposure and experience in assessment, monitoring, or evaluation of projects.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, ideally in the context of disaster preparedness, emergency response and/ or in rural Development sector
- At least five years of humanitarian experience and/or in DRR project implementation/programming
- Significant exposure and experience in working with (I)NGOs
- Familiar with minimum standards
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.
**Currently, 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in 51 countries working in projects concerning five areas of focus: Nutrition & Health; Food Security & Livelihoods; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Disaster Risk Reduction Management; and Advocacy & Good Governance.
We provide equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among women and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization. **
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 06 JANUARY 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.