Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer (Nationals Only)
The MEAL Officer will work on the consortium composed of UNICEF as the lead organization, and The Asia Foundation (TAF) and Save the Children Philippines (SCP) as members, to implement the SaferKidsPH project. This project focuses on the concerted and targeted support to increase demand for and supply of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC) interventions, and to create an enabling environment for preventing OSEC, protecting survivors and children-at-risk, and promoting online safety.
The post will assist in managing the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system, ensuring that the project is continually being monitored for effectiveness against set results and indicators, that lessons are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. It will work with the program units and provide them support in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with Save the Children’s and donor’s policies and practices.
As part of the MEAL Team, the MEAL officer will provide technical support to the project in its planning and reporting processes. S/He will assist the Manager on building capacities of staff and partners for accountability and participation, with specific focus on children. The MEAL Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the MEAL approach is implemented in the project, particularly in building evidence-based knowledge and receiving regular, timely and context-specific MEAL data.
Qualifications and Experience
* College degree in social sciences, education, public health, demography, statistics or related field,
* Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, research or impact assessment projects, ideally within a social development context
* Functional knowledge of statistics and data processing; experience collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
* Ability to write clear and effective assessment and project reports
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Good understanding of Philippine development issues and how various social, economic and political issues affect children
* Good knowledge of any Save the Children’s thematic areas
* Good analytical and conceptualization skills and ability to think strategically
* Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Good writing skills; able to write technical reports, situation reports, etc.
* Good facilitation and presentation skills
* Organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
* Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi Info, etc.
* Must have a high sense of urgency and a well-developed work ethic
* Willingness to travel up to 50% to field sites
Contract length: Fixed Term Position until June 2020 based in Makati City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.