Macfadden is seeking a Special Projects Officer to support the U.S Agency for International Development’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance. Specifically, the Special Projects Officer will support the Middle East Crisis Humanitarian Response (MECHR), Response Management Team (RMT).
The Special Projects Officer will be responsible for providing support to the MECHR RMT Coordination Section, within U.S. Agency for International Development’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA).
The selected candidate must commit to a minimum of 18 months in the SPO role, before transitioning into another position within MacFadden.
- Communicates and coordinates closely with the Deputy Manager for Coordination (DMC) and other members of the coordination section to ensure all relevant political and policy factors are taken into account when conducting outreach with diaspora communities or the general public, or handling special projects.
- Identifies key goals, objectives, and activities focused on special projects and ensures that activities contribute to the response.
- Coordinate special projects and events with, and in support of, the RMT; manage administrative logistics and requirements; other responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of humanitarian principles, standards, and mandates.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of USAID/OFDA’s core values as articulated in the Policy for Humanitarian Action, as well as the applicability and impact of Humanitarian Principles on USAID/OFDA’s work.
- Develop and maintain broad level awareness of USAID/OFDA’s major ongoing priorities.
- Understands and complies with the DART and RMT systems.
- Works with other Coordination Section members to implement the outreach strategy with clear objectives, timelines, and deliverables.
- Ensures that information products are disseminated to the appropriate external audiences.
- Prepares for and assists in hosting efficient, productive meetings with appropriate stakeholders, both within the MECHR RMT and externally.
- Provides Coordination Section leadership with pertinent information to enable them to effectively brief USAID senior leadership.
- Identifies the information needs of the target audience and crafts communications to address those needs.
- Assist in preparing and developing briefings or briefing books.
- Coordinate tasker tracking for the MECHR Coordination Section.
- Maintains understanding of HPGE division roles and responsibilities.
- Serve as recorder/note taker at RMT or Team level meetings and coordinate with appropriate team.
- Manage assigned Team’s electronic and hard copy filing systems, in accordance with RMS guidance.
- B.A in International Studies, Public Administration or related field. Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
- At least two-three years of professional office experience, preferably in a non-profit, NGO or international development organization.
- Strong communication, problem solving and customer services skills required in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities; occasionally exceeding normal business hours.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.**
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.