About Us: The International Development of Better Life – IDBL is a newly established U.S. based organization, our mission is to create long-lasting and positive changes that improves quality of lives through expanding public health and nutrition interventions, Creating job opportunities, Generating Income for most vulnerable groups, Build capacity of individuals and institutions, improve the knowledge of life skills, and Develop education and Information management systems.
About the Role: The IDBL Media & Communications Manager will manage the production of key media and communications products, also s/he play a representational role and should expect to represent IDBL in external meetings with donors and other stakeholders. This position will report to the CEO and will be based in Washington DC.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Media & Communications Strategy, offering both oversight and substantive input in to planned media and communications products and activities.
- When needed, engage with key media and comms interlocutors overseas to ensure IDBL has up to date information on the humanitarian situation and response, which is reflected in external products associated with people needs.
- Engage and develop strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders such as institutional donors, partners and private sector.
- When needed, act as one of the organization spokesperson.
- Proactively identify and take ownership of key media moments and products in close coordination with the Fund raising Manager, and contribute to fund raising activities.
- Ensure that all key internal and external documents are of a high quality, evidence-based and are regularly updated.
- Previous experience working in media and/or communications roles focusing on human rights and/or humanitarian issues;
- Technical experience in producing press releases, media and comms content relevant to INGOs
- Good photography, videography skills, and video editing is an asset
- Good skills in media work, including interviews on Radio and TV
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Very strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills, with experience in working in multicultural teams and challenging environments.
How to apply
Interested candidate should submit their application to email@example.com
We will be reviewing CVs until the position is filled